Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone from Texas!

I stumbled across this site an since I am full of questions maybe you all can help. I am an 05' Dodge Magnum R/T owner. i have not had the time to put any effort into making my Magnum the way I want, but now I am finding time. I would like to have a subwoofer installed, but I do not like having a huge box taking up space. What I have seen is the sub enclosures molded into the rear panels. I am assuming since I cannot find these sold anywhere...that everyone must have theirs custom fabricated? Where, how much, how does it sound?
Second...I have been looking into exhaust/air intake, again what exhaust is best/sounds the best? Air intake which is best? Thanks to all who might be able to help with my search to make my Magnum better. Thanks-

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I built my sub enclosure that fits in the drivers side rear panel and run 1-10" sub. I built it from stacked MDF particle board, lots of bandsaw cuts to make it fit snuggly in the side pod, then fiberglassed the whole think to add strength and seal it and covered the front panel with hide.

I'm also running Zoomers exhaust (sounds great) and the K&N Typhoon intake (looks and sounds good). Until we have a programmer most of the mods do not have much performance impact, but they do look and sound good.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
wtschulz said:
Hello everyone from Texas!

I stumbled across this site an since I am full of questions maybe you all can help. I am an 05' Dodge Magnum R/T owner. i have not had the time to put any effort into making my Magnum the way I want, but now I am finding time. I would like to have a subwoofer installed, but I do not like having a huge box taking up space. What I have seen is the sub enclosures molded into the rear panels. I am assuming since I cannot find these sold anywhere...that everyone must have theirs custom fabricated? Where, how much, how does it sound?
Second...I have been looking into exhaust/air intake, again what exhaust is best/sounds the best? Air intake which is best? Thanks to all who might be able to help with my search to make my Magnum better. Thanks-
Welcome, yeah the cubby hole speaker system is a hot topic. I tried it with home tools and gave up. Then did a good low laying system, but got the SPL db dragrace bug. Now the system has taken over the rear haha. I still have room for stuff but have to be a lot more careful.

As for exhaust, I tired the flowmaster (too much drone, didnt figure out that I could have controlled it by adding a small glasspack til after I swapped it for a dynomax ultraflow. Everyone seems to be doing the zoomers thing. Go to the differnt sites, they usually have sound bytes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts