Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Technically the tint is an inside mod, but it's an exterior look... if this is the wrong spot please tell me. I checked the other forum and there were less posts about tint than here.

Anyway, I have a new (to me) 2006 Magnum RT in Silver Steel and I want to get the front door windows tinted. Anyone know what the factory tint is? The shop I called said 20% but they'd confirm when I arrived. I've read the ceramic tints are best and the best of them is Huper Optik. Installer says it will not match colour and I should instead go with SunGard (not sure which, but I think he mentioned it was dyed).

What do you have? Can you post pictures/links here please?

Thanks

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
The rears are 20% and are smoked, it's not a film. I tinted my fronts 35% with a 20% 8" windshield strip. I have no idea which brand I have, the tint place took care of that.

·
Registered
474 Posts
My shop usually does 15% to match factory tint but I'm sure 20% will look fine and if that's what it is on the Magnum then it will work out great. I have 15% all around with brow and 35% on windshield.

·
full 300 swap inside and out
3,307 Posts
i have 20% on my front and when you stand on the side of my ride the oem tint is close to the same i just wonted a tad bit less so i could see with no problems (hell i am getting old lol)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Went with the 20% and it looks good. First step done! Thanks guys.

edit - for anyone else faced with this question, it's 20% Sungard Shadow tint. See pics below.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
That's a nice finished look. The only way to remove the cross is to cut it out of the fascia... with a saw. Are you wantin to do a one piece grille or an open mouth ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a nice finished look. The only way to remove the cross is to cut it out of the fascia... with a saw. Are you wantin to do a one piece grille or an open mouth ?
I was worried for a minute -- I'm sure I had read the roof rack crossbars could be removed in ine piece (not cut), but I now realize you're refering to the grill crossbars. I think I like the open mouth look for the grill, but then again, I'm not sure what a one piece looks like. This is open mouth right?

conceptbar.JPG

·
^you cant see my mag... hahaha
4,553 Posts
here is my wide mouth grill...

personally i love the look of the wide mouth... and as for the roof rack im not totally sure but id assume they come off fairly easy... maybe fireman2118 (bill) will chime in on the roof rack... his rack is real nice lookin lol... it flows real nice with his mags look..

·
Registered
470 Posts
I was worried for a minute -- I'm sure I had read the roof rack crossbars could be removed in ine piece (not cut), but I now realize you're refering to the grill crossbars. I think I like the open mouth look for the grill, but then again, I'm not sure what a one piece looks like. This is open mouth right?

View attachment 18355
Love my grill.. Had to cut the crossbars to put it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts