Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just got an SRT8 two weeks ago and love it! I like it more than my 2004 Audi S4 I got rid of to get the SRT8. But I am having some problems with it and want to know if anyone has had similar experiences.

The handle for the parking break came off completely the third day of ownership. At the dealer the ran a diagnosic as a precaution and no less than 30 fault codes came up. Supposively the car runs on a 2 wire sysem and mine is still only using a single, slowing the ECU's response time for things like shifts, etc. Furthermore, I live in SoCal and it has been hot out, but even on a cold day the car runs HOT. I know a 6.1 liter engine is big, but the oil temp shouldnt be over 230 consitantly!!! Furthermore, I get dismal gas mileage... less than 9mpg, and generally speaking I drive pretty conservitavely. I drove up to Monterey for the Moto GP and didnt get any better than about 15. And last but not least my A/C blows cool not cold. The car is going into the shop on Monday to try and sort these issues out. Has anyone else has similar issues? It is a freaking brand new car. I still love it but hope I didnt get a lemmon. Help!

·
Registered
162 Posts
wow sorry to hear that about your car. my RT stalled 3 times while it was in park the day after i brought it home so i took it back and it didnt show any codes.

its def got some problems.. did you get it new or used?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your sympathy. I have already been researching the lemon law myself, as if the problems presist I will try and have the car replaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Magnum Exhaust Systems

Despite some issues I am having with my SRT8 I am looking into an exhaust to compliment the K&N cold air intake I all ready installed. I am thinking a Magnaflow or JBA. Any advice would be appreciated. This is the like for the company I will likely order through... they seem to have pretty good deals! http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Categories.bok?category=Dodge+SRT-8%3AExhaust

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. Question about your mpg how were you driving? I took my 8 to LV and with holding 85-90mph I was getting about 21mpg but I am only averaging 15-17mpg (I like to play). What did the dealer do when you brought it in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the dealer has had the car for exactly one week now... and as of last thursday they ordered some parts which will take them 5 business days to recieve so doubt I will have it back until then end of this week (which sucks since I am paying $525 in finance payments each month). When I brought it in they explained that many of the problems are likely associated with the ECU running on the default 1 wire, verses the normal 2 wire. Basically, the different systems in the car were not communicating at maximum efficiency. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope that it comes back working properly.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Despite some issues I am having with my SRT8 I am looking into an exhaust to compliment the K&N cold air intake I all ready installed. I am thinking a Magnaflow or JBA. Any advice would be appreciated. This is the like for the company I will likely order through... they seem to have pretty good deals! High Horse Performance, Inc. Dodge SRT-8:Exhaust

call JBA 6192297797 or 8008303377(ask for Dustin and tell him I sent you) for their 6.1L Catback and HHP for the Magnaflow Hi-flow cats...less than 1000 total for this setup..DO NOT CHANGE OUT YOUR STOCK SHORTY HEADERS..
And change out your intake to AFE Stage 2...You will be happy with this setup. Adding the AFE, total cost will be around 1300

·
Being kept down by the man
7,782 Posts
Welcome to the site from the Northwest. Sorry to hear about your problems, hope they get sorted out soon.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Welcome to the site from SoCal...
Sorry to read about the problem with your new ride, hopefully it all gets worked out quickly...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts