Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, bought my 2006 R/T AWD, wife said I could get it as a 25th anniversary present lol.

I have always loved mopars and found this one which has everything I wanted, HEMI, AWD, and silver. That being said it has some issues, I bought it from Indiana. I am from New England so I am accustomed to rust and other problems. This is a project car as my other vehicles are well maintained and require normal maintenance.

I have replaced the following:
Radiator, fans, water pump (stuck bolt so timing cover had to come off as well)
belt, overflow bottle (old was all yellow and crappy looking)
entire front suspension (have another post about issues with that)
rear springs and shocks.
The interior is spectacular just needs a good cleaning.
Growing up we went camping with a jayco pop up and a Chrysler station wagon so I love the station wagons.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes 1993-2013.
Semper Paratus
Thank you for your service

·
Registered
05 RT AWD Silver
10 Posts
entire front suspension (have another post about issues with that)
rear springs and shocks.
Hey fellow silver RT AWD here, what did you go with for rear springs and shocks? I've heard the original rear can get a little squirrelly and my magum definitely could use tightening up in the suspension department. My friend recommended a bigger sway bar, but I'm not sure we have that as an option on the AWD models.
🍻

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just went with moog variable coils and Detroit shocks. I haven’t researched the sway bar yet, the car is from Indiana so it came with rust problems as well so attempting to drop the rear suspension is not on my to do list yet. Still have to replace the center bearing so that’s the next project and then all new brakes.

·
Registered
05 RT AWD Silver
10 Posts
Still have to replace the center bearing so that’s the next project and then all new brakes.
Brakes are something I've been researching, check out this thread for a upgrade to the rear brakes. Police Package Rotors on AWD ? - Page 3

Upgrading to brembo's is extensive work and expensive, Wilwood sounds like it is bolt on if you buy through TCP, but expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts