Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought speakers, subs, box, amp, cap, wiring kit, andddd a new deck.... Has anybody mounted a double din in a single din with modding of the bezel? I dont want to dish out 150 bucks for a nav bezel, so im just wondering if anybody out there has a set up like this where they mounted the double din into a modded single din???? Thanks guys Also where do you guys have your ignition/switched+ wire going to? jvc_kw_adv794.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
my ignition wire is going to the cig lighter. cant help you with the nav, i bought mine online for around $115. There are people who cut theirs though, just do a search for nav bezels on the major lx based forums.

·
Who's on 1st
7,278 Posts
than looks like its gonna be one nice install when its done. If you want your DVD's to play while you drive its usually the PINK wire you just ground that to the ground wire of ur cig lighter and it will allow you to watch movies as u roll

·
Who Dat !!!
1,406 Posts
Here an old write up on how-to but the pics are gone. http://www.custommagnums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305
I will b doing mine in the near future. Hit me up with a pm.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
WOW, NOW that's a serious set up!!!! Very NICE!!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya i PM that guy to see if he still had the photos kicking around....i hope to do mine soon. Would i need the single din bracket and cut it to fit or what? I want to start cutting away, but i dont know where to start lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the parking brake wire was actually a mint green, and i spliced it in with the ground. Also congrats on the new duties man!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Its been over a year since I have been on. I dont know why the pics are gone. I will take a look into it in the next couple of days. Tonight is my last shift this week of 48 hour work weeks and have a few days off.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its been over a year since I have been on. I dont know why the pics are gone. I will take a look into it in the next couple of days. Tonight is my last shift this week of 48 hour work weeks and have a few days off.
Thanks a lot man, my last 45+ week shift is now over aswell!! whopping 2 days off.

·
Registered
874 Posts
i want to get a new head unit as well because my nav unit no longer plays cds :(

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i just had the stock radio, which i actually liked, but i wanted to upgrade, so i bought the JVC KW-ADV794. Just need to mod be bezel and found a mount.

·
Registered
874 Posts
ya i got the bezel now just need a new deck :) the radio kinda sucks most the time.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So im assuming you're going with a double dinn unit, and keeping your 2Dinn bezel? lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
yes im getting a dvd player

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya ill make sure to take pics....soo much on my mind. Waiting to order my rims, and then once they are on i might lower it.....danko grille, spoiler, rear diffuser, predator...etc...... Gonna be a longggg summer lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
ah the plans look so good on paper till you take the paper out of the wallet to pay for em :)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya i will make sure to post some pictures when its done, and i dont really get lost, so had no reason to spend the extra 400 bucks on the NAV, and for the 5 minutes i used mine....i love it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts