Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, got pulled over for the tails today. I admit they are a bit dark, but I want to keep them that way so I am going to do what I can to make it legal again.

The DOT documentation on the provincial website only states that the brake lights must be visible from 200m away on a clear night, and the reflectors must be visible from 60m.

So, for step 1 for the reflector I used some scrap 3M Scotchlite reflective decal and put it in the area where the diffuser would go on the rear fascia. I think it turned out not too bad. Piece I had was about 6" too narrow to do the whole thing in 1 piece so I had to put a seam in the middle. Not bad IMO for scrap decal and a razor knife to trim it

Also in the picture above, is my new light bulbs. Left reverse light is the new LED bulb from AAC (not available yet), and the right is OEM.

New Running light:

Old Running light:

New Brake light:

Old Brake light:

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd like to see them say this decal isn't bright enough:

Running lights (not brake lights) with the new bulb:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Good luck on the fix it ticket. I think you have the reflection down for sure.

·
SpaceCity LX
662 Posts
Don't know about Canada but here that reflective sticker wont pass the bill...good luck with it though, definitely havent seen that before

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
As i was reading about decal i wasn't sure if it will good. But the last picture looks hot.
Great job.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I like the red on the rear diffuser. It looks good, different, and helps with visibility. Good luck with inspection.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Thats pretty neat. i wonder if i could do it in a different color and how it would come out.

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know about Canada but here that reflective sticker wont pass the bill...good luck with it though, definitely havent seen that before
This is the DOT regulation for Saskatchewan for reflectors:

44(1) The vehicle shall have reflectors or reflective tapes that are located:
(a) two facing the rear as far apart as practicable and from 350 to 1530
millimetres above the surface of the road; and
(b) two on each side as far apart as practicable and from 350 to 1530
millimetres above the surface of the road.
(2) In addition to the reflectors or reflective tapes referred to in subsection (1),
there shall be located near the horizontal mid-point on the side of vehicles over 10
metres in length reflectors or tapes that:
(a) emit an amber reflection from the front-most and, where fitted, centre
reflectors and a red reflection from the rear-most reflectors; and
(b) are visible on a clear night when illuminated by type A vehicle
headlamps with both the observer and the headlamps at a distance of 60
metres.

Sounds like it'll pass to me. Just has to be visible from 60M. Only issue may be the height

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's interesting. I think I would have went a little more toned down if it were me but it's one of a kind thats for sure.

If it didn't have to reflect red I could do black reflective but that reflects white

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I got pulled over a couple times for mine then I put a red led strip under the back hatch and hooked it to the brake light...

Sent from my HTC EVO on tapatalk

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got pulled over a couple times for mine then I put a red led strip under the back hatch and hooked it to the brake light...

Know where I can get some side emitting LED's that I could put in the gap between the bottom of the taillights and the fascia?

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm, never knew there's a black reflective tape, cool. I like the red, you can prob see that from a mile away
We buy it by the roll at my workplace haha. We got many different colours.....we build ambulances and cut/install full reflective decal packages

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Know where I can get some side emitting LED's that I could put in the gap between the bottom of the taillights and the fascia?
I paid like $5 for my 48" strip on eBay..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts