Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been a whiiiile since i said anything on here, but hey why not start it back up with another question...

I got a 5.7 with diablo, afe intake and borla performance exhaust...i was wondering how much of a nitrous shot/spray i could throw in and still be safe...no one wants to blow up their engine, so i wanna have enough but still be safe enough where i dnt blow stuff up :cool30:

and since we're on the topic of Nos, does anyone run it? if so, how much?...

·
LIFE, Handle with prayer!!!
1,918 Posts
I think MOL was doing a nitrous system maybe he has some good info for ya

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
this is a hugely random question but i will do my best to cover it. first off "safe" is a relevent term, i know a few lx owners that are running 200+ systems with no problem then i have seen car with small systems explode. so the real question i have to ask is for what amount of time are you planning to spray, track use or to pound some dick on the freeway? in general i would say that 100 shot would be the way to go for most people anything over that and i would think about useing some kind of timing retarder. you will also have to run 91 or 93 octaine gas. remember this, there is always exception to the rule but the longer you spray per hit the harder it will be and bigger is not always better but imo most of the prefab nitrous kits out there (built for our motors) are pretty well built and should work fine. if you have any specific questions feel free to pm me and i will answer the best that i can.

·
Registered
939 Posts
^^^well covered answer!

·
Premium Member
8,387 Posts
Thanks Mol., What I want is for the track, I have CAI, headers, hi flo cats, full exhaust, Frank raceing cam, Diablo @ 91 and hi rev. , 6.1 push rods. So 100 should be fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeaa, thanks againnn....i was thinkin goin with a 100 shot to be safe, and put the purge in the leuvers of the viper hood :-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts