Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found this really simple and straight forward tutorial for making a switch plate on the LXF and decided to try it out myself. I'll be spraying soon so I wanted to get the switch plate finished up before the install.

7359229264_503ec19ec9_c.jpg
I stared off with a sheet of 0.093 in. thick polycarbonate. And cut out the base shape.

7173999495_dd4044b34f_c.jpg Had to heat it up to shape the curve. I used the existing pocket for a mold.

7359222370_bd6b51f637_c.jpg Got my switched lined up.

7359224660_d6a4655ab2_c.jpg First two in. I'm just using a dremel to bore out the holes for the switches.

7359287592_5679ede436_c.jpg Last two ready!

Now instead of painting I'm going to cover it with some left over carbon fiber vinyl I used on my steering wheel inserts. Shouldn't take to long. I'll post that up soon. Tell me what you think!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks! I used a Cyborg V1 Flight stick: Amazon.com: Cyborg V.1 Flight Stick: Electronics

I removed a few parts from the nose to make it work. You'll notice a difference when you look at the image in the link.
I like that shifter and cost effective too. I am in the process of making switch housing today. I,m using stainless and rivots to kind of give it that aircraft look.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like that shifter and cost effective too. I am in the process of making switch housing today. I,m using stainless and rivots to kind of give it that aircraft look.
That should be pretty cool! Be sure to post it up. I love seeing the different cockpit style designs.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You gonna make any of the buttons functional?
Yes sir! You can't see it from the pic but the button cables are tucked under the base of the flight stick. Above the spring. The right most thumb switch and the trigger are going to control my interior accent lights. I have a friend helping me incorporate the Aduino for more control.

Arduino - HomePage <--------This thing is pretty cool if you haven't heard of it before.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Forgive me for the stupid question but you're using nitrous and a tuner? Isn't that bad?
Hmmm... not sure I'm following you. I have a predator and the 93octaine tune on the car currently but when the nitrous is installed I'll have the car re-tuned with the predator accordingly. <----which is necessary.

Forgive me if I misunderstood the question.

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
I really like the plate you built. and I am thinking of using the Arduino to control the nitrous system I am installing...... hummmmmm

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really like the plate you built. and I am thinking of using the Arduino to control the nitrous system I am installing...... hummmmmm
Thanks!

The Arduino is extremely flexible as far as incorporating it across different platforms. I never thought about using it for the nitrous system itself but i figure it should be just as reliable.

Are you using the Arduino as well as a progressive controller or do you plan on using it in place of?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts