Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the what do you do for a living thread I stated jokingly that I was a professional driver...... Well got my fuel card stats the today.....

In one year, I have driven 46,522 miles. Compare that to the Maggie in 16 months between me and my wife, 14,112
Miles and my mgb last year just me 5980 miles

So yes.... I drive a lot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Way back, in the olden days, when I was shovin' a black n white around, it really never dawned on me how many miles I was driving in a day... I was averaging about 100 to 150 per day. Even if I use the 150 miles a day figure, it only comes out to 30,000 a year.

Here, I was thinkin' I drove a lot, but DANG!!!, I can't hold a candle to some of you guys.

Fortunately for me, my patrol station was less han two miles from my house, so I didn't put many miles on my personal car. When I was assigned to motors, one of the perks was being able to take it home...

·
Registered
75 Posts
during the first two years of my divorce i put 83K on. Silly woman moved to other side of the state. Every 2 weeks spent total of 14-15 hours in the car on weekends picking up the crumbsnatchers. ><

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeez, I thought I drove a lot. I do about 25,000 miles a year in my company truck... you almost double that.
Hehe I have one of the largest service areas in my state, the largest on call area. The on call is physically just under 1/3rd of the state including the up. And one of the larger areas in the us.

Way back, in the olden days, when I was shovin' a black n white around, it really never dawned on me how many miles I was driving in a day... I was averaging about 100 to 150 per day. Even if I use the 150 miles a day figure, it only comes out to 30,000 a year.

Here, I was thinkin' I drove a lot, but DANG!!!, I can't hold a candle to some of you guys.

Fortunately for me, my patrol station was less han two miles from my house, so I didn't put many miles on my personal car. When I was assigned to motors, one of the perks was being able to take it home...
luckily I get to take the company truck home. It's not a lot per day, just adds up quick when you do it day in and out.

On the other hand, I only put 2,500 miles per year on my Magnum.
That's why I put the comparison with the Maggie and the mg. I tried to figure out how many miles I put on track only cars last year, but my head hurts to much to do the math right now.

during the first two years of my divorce i put 83K on. Silly woman moved to other side of the state. Every 2 weeks spent total of 14-15 hours in the car on weekends picking up the crumbsnatchers. ><
Eek that sucks, I hope that you are closer to your kids now and someday they respect that sacrifice you made for them..... And makes me think of the song highway 20 ride

Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
thats quite a few miles......based on the average year deduction I take for business related fuel expenses, I travel over 35K for work a year. In the last 2 years, have put 50K on the mag, and 4K each on two seperate motorcycles. That math gives me a headache.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts