Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WOW!

Sham f'in WOW!

Thanks to all who recommended I use my mod $ for the predator instead of a new tire for the 24's (fireman leading the charge).

Already had the NoESP mod, that coupled with the 180 t-stat and the 91 tune really turned my Mag loose. I was already spinning the rears with the NoESP, but after adding the Predator she really get's loose...and sounds sicker too.

Also, I saw an immediate improvement in MPG. Not sure if it's the tune, or the TCM adaptation reset (didn't turn off MDS), but whatever it is makes the extra $$ spent on higher octane gas worth it.

If you don't have the NoESP mod (or disabled via the Predator), a 180 t-stat and Predator, you are not getting the most out of your ride. The difference is amazing considering you aren't modding the engine, It is a totally different driving experience. Basically what you are getting is what the Magnum is supposed to be.

Makes it hard to put the 24's back on!!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
Congrats on the mod!!! Sounds very cool!!! The way my SRT ran last night, I DON'T want it any faster....LOL

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the mod!!! Sounds very cool!!! The way my SRT ran last night, I DON'T want it any faster....LOL

I bet!!! The way those things run, you don't need anything else, unless ur going to the track. That post is for us RT guys who have "S" envy...lol. I've heard those mods really open up the 3.5's too.

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Out of curiousity, having a SXT, an RT, and SRT....between which models is the difference the most dramatic powerwise? Logic would say between the SXT and RT, but logic doesn't always apply.

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Just been there Skizza!!! But left the ESP on, and she is STILL all over the road!!! I just posted about the tires breaking lose at 60 on the damp freeway....damp, not raining!!! POWER!!! WOOF!!!!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
Out of curiousity, having a SXT, an RT, and SRT....between which models is the difference the most dramatic powerwise? Logic would say between the SXT and RT, but logic doesn't always apply.
In all honesty.... I'm the most shocked how well the DEMON (SXT with the 3.5L), runs!!! It really has MORE power than I thought it would! MY SXT runs nearly as well as the R/T's ~ believe it or NOT!!! Have NO IDEA why, but it's STRONG!!!
The other thing that surprised me ALOT ~ was when I put the 22's on LUCKY (My R/T) and how much power I LOST!!! It really slowed this car down! NOW, I never was really impressed with the power of my SRT (SHADOW)...... until I hit 7,000 miles ~ for some odd reason this really woke the car up!!! NOW, when I nail it and It hits second gear it fishtails a little! It's stock except for the K & N CAI!!! When I was referring to the lack of power a couple of other folks on LX Forum said theres TOO didn't seem to wake up until around 7000 miles!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Haha....Glad I could help!

·
The Overweight Ninja
2,850 Posts
Nice Skizz!!! I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I keep ready stories like yours and will eventually "Predator Up". Enjoy your new driving experience

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just been there Skizza!!! But left the ESP on, and she is STILL all over the road!!! I just posted about the tires breaking lose at 60 on the damp freeway....damp, not raining!!! POWER!!! WOOF!!!!
can't WAIT for a lil water here in SoCal!!

In all honesty.... I'm the most shocked how well the DEMON (SXT with the 3.5L), runs!!! It really has MORE power than I thought it would! MY SXT runs nearly as well as the R/T's ~ believe it or NOT!!! Have NO IDEA why, but it's STRONG!!!
The other thing that surprised me ALOT ~ was when I put the 22's on LUCKY (My R/T) and how much power I LOST!!! It really slowed this car down! NOW, I never was really impressed with the power of my SRT (SHADOW)...... until I hit 7,000 miles ~ for some odd reason this really woke the car up!!! NOW, when I nail it and It hits second gear it fishtails a little! It's stock except for the K & N CAI!!! When I was referring to the lack of power a couple of other folks on LX Forum said theres TOO didn't seem to wake up until around 7000 miles!
That's really interesting that your SXT is closer to the RT. I feel you with how much slower the bigger rims make the RT. had i really planned things out, i would've NEVER bought the 24's. If I wanted to put 24's on a mag, I should've bought an SXT cuzz it's truly a waste of the car's power. No I need to sell the 4's and regroup. Don't wanna go higher than 20's, but it's hard not to feel a bit inferior IF your riding rims and everyone's on 22"s (here in Cali at least). I def felt large on them 4's

Nice Skizz!!! I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I keep ready stories like yours and will eventually "Predator Up". Enjoy your new driving experience
You def won't regret it

·
Steady As She Goes!!!...
6,467 Posts
is this 180 t-stat mod only effective on R/T and SRT's????

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts

·
CAUSE THAT'S WHATS UP!
3,406 Posts
Very cool... however I doubt there will be any spinning tires in my future... AWD R/t MUHahahahahahh... I love traction!

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what up man ...how did you accomplish the no esp mod

There are a couple ways:

1. Disable using Predator, cons are u have to re-tune to turn off, and i believe it also turns off other features (abs?)
  2. RtJunkie's DIY NoESP mod
  3. Buy NoESP module HERE for $50
I didn't go with option number 1 because i wanted to be able to enable it and disable it (turn off ignition) on the go, and not have to pull out the Predator every time. I'm not mechanically inclined enough for option 2, so i went with #3.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts