Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... more of a "neaten-up".

Over time, there are appearance aspects of our cars that deteriorate. It's not due to neglect, they just age and get kinda funy lookin'... for instance, the windshield trim.

I knew mine were a bit faded, but they weren't THAT bad, right? Wrongo-dongo, they were in sad, sad shape.

So, this afternoon, I broke out the masking tape, some acetone to clean the gunk off and a rattle can of satin black. In all, it took me about 20 minutes to clean, mask and shoot both sides.

Wow, wadda difference! I didn't realize just how decrepit they were and how they affected the overall appearance of my car. Its looks as if it's 5 years younger, just that little bit of tidying up.

I highly recommend taking the few minutes to spruce these trim pieces up...

I didn't take any photos, you guys all know how bad these things can look and how much better they appear after receiving a little bit of attention.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I hear ya Waldo! I did mine with primer/promoter and BBQ semi gloss black. Came out great! Sure beats rubbing that silicone based bumper black junk in every month

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
I was just thinking about this the other day. I'm going to get on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
i did mine with plastidip to match my other parts on my ride!

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also gotta wild hair up my... well, you know, and decided to clean up and paint my rotors and calipers.

I'm sure most of you have heard the expression, "the best laid plans of mice and men..."? Well, that pretty much sums up the eventual results. The cleaning went well, the painting part went completely sideways! Let's just say, they're not the parts of the car I'd like to highlight and leave it at that. There's going to be some re-painting in my near future... this time without trying any shortcuts, if ya get my drift. (lol)

·
Registered
994 Posts
There is a paint called trim black. It works well on stuff like that and not quite as shiny.

That said yours turned out well, and nice and even ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Uh oh! I'n ready to re-do mine as well. I admit, I took the short cut route w/a few rags and tape, wound up swapping the pads for a more defined look. After seeing another member polish his real nice, I plan on doing my best for a high gloss
GL

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
I did mine with plasti dip and big mistake; it holds dirt and pollen. I gotta get busy take it off and paint 'em.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts