Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for an answer but haven't found the exact answer. Love my Magnum, but not loud enough. Can't afford a cat back system right now, so, take mufflers off, leaving resonators. Remove resonators and leave mufflers? Has anyone done this and if so, which way is better? Don't want a straight pipe sound.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
It's a matter of personal taste. I would say try removing the suitcase (mid car) and leave the cans in the rear.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I removed the suitcase and left the res. It give it a nice low rumble and it is loud enough for now when I stomp it. If I can figure out how to load a video, I will show you a sound clip. And the best part was it only cost $40 at a shop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
KimThat is great! Sawzall the mufflers off? What kind of pipe did you use to connect back up? Flexible like pipe? Or did you bend one? OK I just noticed you stated at a shop.

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
I took the resonators off and it kept the deep tone just louder. But still nowhere near as loud as my SLP Loudmouth 2. But whatever you do, don't remove both....it sounds like crap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For a time I removed the resonators, added a straight pipe, left the stock mufflers on my Magnum. It definitely added a loud, agressive sound on my Magnum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Will be installing SRT shorties, high flow cats (may gut them) and some Magnaflow mufflers, gonna leave the resonators on for now and see how she sounds before I decide what to do with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts