Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am new to this forem,my name is joe brienza , i just purchased a 2006 dodge magnum srt 8 its inferno red ,i just put magnaflow cat back exhaust on and thinking of doing lots more to it its still on my lift so i didnt take pictures of it yet , i was on the cover of hot rod august 1959 with my show street rod ,i built many cars since then ,i guess i am a little older than most you guys and girls , but still very active, i would like to write to you guys for ideas and wher to buy accessories , my current ride is a 58 chrysler new yorker convt,i will send some pictures now and hope to speak to youse later,

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
old school joe, anyone know if they are making or have disc brake shields for the srt 8 magnum 20 inch wheels, i go 5 miles and the wheels are filty ,

·
Registered
320 Posts
welcome, old school.
I was in Mini Truckin' magazine in '88 and Lowrider magazine in '89 with my highly-modded Nissan Harbody. Never a cover or feature but if the truck makes the pages... it makes the pages. ;) Ya got a few decades on me but I'm eager to learn some of yer old school tricks.
I don't know of an after market brake shield that fits perfectly but those are always pretty easy to fabricate. I'm sure they are available I just don't know who or where.
welcome again. enjoy that ride

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
old school joe ,hi grinner thanks for answering my email ,i guess in time they will make those wheel covers , i was looking at the dodge 2005 ram hood scoop it looks like it will fit the magnum curve and its all metal and bolts on , i am going to the dealer and ask him if i could lay the scoop on the hood to see how it looks, i hate to change the hood , see you later joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i adopted a 2005 dodge ram hood scoop to my 2006 srt 8 it looks good , it just didnt fit had to drill threw the underhood cross members and than drill a 1 and a half round holes with howl saws to get at the bolts to put the nuts on , it was a project but it was worth it ,the inferno paint matched good , thinking about putting side lake pipes on it ? still pondering?

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Post some pictures of the new ride with the scoop, it sound like it might be pretty cool.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi its not only the brake dust , its the wheels with the shields i will paint them the same color of the car and it would give me more of the look i am looking for i like the wheels from the fifties and the sixties i dont like the open look to see the rotors and brakes , i would love to put white walls tires on it , old school , i used wheel shields for years and they never heated or burned up

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi will send pictures as soon as i get it off the lift ,working on lake pipes , how many pictures are you allowed to put in ? being i already have my 58 chrysler in already ? THANKS old school joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
joe,yes i removed the washers and planing to put them on the wiper arms , but i never take my good cars out in bad weather so its no emergency for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi mike i got the scoop at the dodge dealer i bought the car he had it in stock ,its all metal it bolts on it comes unpainted ,its called the rumble bee scoop its off the dodge ram pickup truck , its around three hundred dollars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi anyone out there know anything about these new liquid mesh grills ,there made out of stainless ,they supposidly have them for the magnum just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about them,thanks joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HI ,OLD SCHOOL JOE , ANYONE OUT THERE HER ABOUT CAT BACK MAGNAFLOW SYSTEMS RUSTING AND PITTING WITH 1 THOUSAND MILES ON THEM ,CAR NEVER IN RAIN OR SNOW KEPT IN HEATED GARAGE ,WELL MINE DID ? all that money for rust and pits

·
Premium Member
11,940 Posts
HI ,OLD SCHOOL JOE , ANYONE OUT THERE HER ABOUT CAT BACK MAGNAFLOW SYSTEMS RUSTING AND PITTING WITH 1 THOUSAND MILES ON THEM ,CAR NEVER IN RAIN OR SNOW KEPT IN HEATED GARAGE ,WELL MINE DID ? all that money for rust and pits
Thats a little odd, I have never heard of that happening before. You may want to look into the MagnaFlow lifetime warranty though. Here is a link to their website.

MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust

·
They call me Destroyer
11,579 Posts
that is odd... welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts