Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon my ignorance! But my 08 SE came with only 4 speakers (2 front door & 2 in the very back). I noticed that I can add some speakers on the dash. There seems to be 3 speaker holes. 2 on either corner and one in the middle right over the stereo. Does anyone know whether 3.5 inch speakers will fit in these areas?

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Not sure about the 08's but 3.5 are the max for the earlier models. You can squeeze in 4's with some cutting but it is an awkward area to access with the window right there and all.

One thing you have to be careful on is the overall height from the bottom of the mounting plate on the speaker to the top most point (usually the protruding tweeter on a coaxial set) There is only room for 1/2" height between your dash mounting point and the grill. Again that is for the 05'2 to 07's for sure but I am not positive on the 08's you might want to remove the dash grill and see what kind of clearances you have.

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
^On which year? I hear on the 08's the speaker grills just pop off and are separate from the dash.

On the earlier years you have to remove the A pillar's on both sides of the dash and then the whole dash panel where the speaker grills are pops right out.

The pillars are easy to remove, just grab them at the top and pull gently, they should pop out about an inch or so and you have to reach behind and release a clip then they pull right out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out they were 3.5. I installed some infinity reference 3.5's and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a 05`too...with sadly 4 speakers,with the oe radio,can i just buy 2 3.5 speakers to put on the dashboard and plug and play?????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts