Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys- had my temp light come on due to faulty hose in my '05 R/T.
did'nt loose much water, as a matter of fact the light did not come on until after i topped off coolant level. when the light came on I shut the car off and let it cool down (about 3 min) then, when i started it again it coughed and sputtered and acted like the timing was retarded or as if it shut down a couple of cylinders. Question is this: is the timing retarded of just the owner?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Did you repair the hose yourself?

Did you add just water? If so the coolant balance is thrown off. They even had a TSB where the coolant had the wrong mix from the factory.

As for the stuttering, I think that a trip to the dealer is in store to have them check everything out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
semi hemi- thanks for the help. Do you know if the computer tells the car to shut down cylinders or retard the timing so the operator cannot to any further damage to motor.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
bigfunny66 said:
semi hemi- thanks for the help. Do you know if the computer tells the car to shut down cylinders or retard the timing so the operator cannot to any further damage to motor.
wow I hate cars that are smarter than me haha.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
It may have put the car into limp home mode after the light was activated. I'd definatively take to the dealer to get it checked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts