Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been getting this code for awhile now, and I just clear it out with my diablo and it goes away for about a month before it pops up again. It's finally getting to the point of being annoying that I want to do something about it. So, share your wisdom! I'm fairly certain Bill will chime in pretty fast and set me on the right track :D From what I've read up on it's something to do with an O2 sensor and alot of recommendations are to check plug/pins/etc... But, doesn't really specify which side of the exhaust, (left/right) to check.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Are you running hollowed cats? Are you using the Predator yet? If yes, are the rear O2 sensors "off".

If you are using a Predator tune, try installing the factory tune and see what happens and for heavens sake get some cats back on your car if you don't already have them. The hollowed cats are going to screw things up more than help.

The PCM doesn't like hollowed cats.

p1128-closed loop fueling not achieved - bank 1
p1129-closed loop fueling not achieved - bank 2

• When Monitored: With engine run time and coolant temperature above a calibrated value.
  • Set Condition: The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects a condition where the vehicle has remained in open loop fuel control, from a start-up condition, longer than a calibrated amount of time, when conditions would have otherwise expected closed loop operation. Two Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.
Possible Causes

FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM
ECT SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
MAP SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
O2 SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
ENGINE MECHANICAL SYSTEM
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have stock cats, and as far as I know they are not hollowed...can't say for certain about what's gone on with previous owners. I will check later today on the predator if the 02 sensors are off. How exactly do I navigate through everything to find out?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Your profile says "hollowed cats".
If they are stock, no need to worry about turning the rear sensors off.

Get under the car and make sure that the sensor connectors are in good shape and that the connections are solid. Remake the connections and see if that helps.

What you may need to do is restore the stock tune, D/C the battery for 30 seconds and see if the problem goes away.

If the problem persists after restoring the stock tune, your O2 sensors and or sensor harnesses made be bad.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the problem has been going on since I drove the car home from the dealership. I had one cat replaced at dealership because they said that was the problem...obviously, that didn't fix it....so it's not really anything going on from the tuner programming....

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Well, the problem has been going on since I drove the car home from the dealership. I had one cat replaced at dealership because they said that was the problem...obviously, that didn't fix it....so it's not really anything going on from the tuner programming....
Ok, well it seems as though you have a pretty good idea where to start. I have to ask.........Why wouldn't you take it back to the dealer as soon as this started? Check the connections!! Make sure they're tight.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did take it back as soon as the problem started...*hence the replaced cat* Keep in mind this is the same dealership that took 3 months to get the car titled in they're name after I had signed the papers on the car and was forced more or less to drive the car around without plates or anything during that duration. I even complained about the issue I noticed with what seemed to be suspension at the time and turned out to be a warped rotor that they had just turned to get the car sold.....SRT=no turn rotors....ya, that they didn't fix/do anything about either....

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
That sux for sure. At least you have a few things to check. I would say you're probably right about the tune and not worrying about it. (at least for now) I'd check those connectors and connections.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
which side, (driver or passenger) should that code be referring to...would rather save myself the time and just check the correct side instead of going over both sides.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
I say driver side but it shouldn't be a big deal to check both sides....I certainly would.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts