Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note: ***I'll have pics when doors are done***

well this week is supposed to be better....the driverside hinge is supposed to come in this week....which is what we have been waiting on for a month now(company keeps sending wrong hinge). Shortly after the hinge comes in, both hinges will then be taken to the machine shop. At the machine shop, the hinges need to be modified with steel tubular spacers in order for the hinges to support the weight of the door(reason being the hinge oringinally had a hinge at the top and one at the bottom...im currently using the bottom which has a plastic spacer in result sux LOL) after the spacers have been welded on, they will also manufacture tool steel pin and bushings...which will beef up the hinge even more....this will take about a week assuming that the company who is sending the hinge...sends the right one on...lets see....our 4th try!!!!!!!! by the 28th the doors should be installed.......then they need to repaint it and throw on some ghost flames....the really nice thing is they(custom shop)feel really bad and continue to apologize even though its not their fault....so they are basically throwing in a paint job from back door to front all the way around to the back driverside door....How cool is that!?!?!?!? with ghost flames....after all that wishy wash, they then need to install the airride suspension.....this in theory, should take us to the 2nd week of feb....and we are still not done......the last project will be the audio setup.....but we have a long way before that.......im so glad prohibition doesnt exsist for alcohol......LOL

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I dont see how you can go without for so long haha. This very moment my magnum is getting her roof fixed from a fu of my doing. I thought I step up from the Focus that they were going to give me to the Mustang. Gheese what a POS. Every panel is squeaking. BUt I do have to say the 4.0L V-6 has go some umph to it. Im think im going to have one of the body shop guys race me in to see how they compare hahah. So is the Phantum going on a show circuit or is for you??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
356magnum said:
I dont see how you can go without for so long haha. This very moment my magnum is getting her roof fixed from a fu of my doing. I thought I step up from the Focus that they were going to give me to the Mustang. Gheese what a POS. Every panel is squeaking. BUt I do have to say the 4.0L V-6 has go some umph to it. Im think im going to have one of the body shop guys race me in to see how they compare hahah. So is the Phantum going on a show circuit or is for you??
its really hard, but i keep telling myself the finished product is what's really going to be worth it or pay off in the end.........that and alcohol......it seems to help where the logic doesnt LOL.....uhoh....what did you do??...LOL that sux they tried to hook you up with a focus.....i to would have gone with the stang.....LOL
for the shows id love to go to shows but i dont think im goin to make her a trailer queen....maybe if i traveled out of state....
Matt

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK GUYS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY my hinge has come in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i cant ****ing believe it finally after 1 whole month the driverside hinge has finally come through!!!!!!!!!!!!! monday or tuesday it is being sent to the machine shop where it will under take a steel 1/4 inch tubular spacing welded to fill the space needed and then pin and bushings made of tool steel....so by the 30th of January there will now be progress and the doors will soon be finished by Valentines day!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!
then a week after that, the bags will be installed
and then the week after that, the system will be installed........so all this time i have only been waitin for this damn Driverside hinge just to proceed.........................Im SO pissed but yet so Happy!!!!!!!
Matt

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well i have about 26 days before i get to have my ride back.......

heres my pics from March

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
northeastern08 said:
Im sure its going to look sweet in the end my friend...Hope that 26 days goes by fast
I cant wait!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About Freakin Time!!!!!!!

YAY YAY YAY YAY I GET MY RIDE THE END OF THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'LL BE POSTIN PICS BY SATURDAY OR NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY AFTER 6 MONTHS OF BULLSHIT I CAN FINALLY ENJOY MY RIDE........
THIS PROJECT HAS REALLY TAKEN ME FOR A RIDE....AND NOT A GOOD ONE.....

Matt:Rastabana

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
KGBPro said:
YAY YAY YAY YAY I GET MY RIDE THE END OF THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'LL BE POSTIN PICS BY SATURDAY OR NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY AFTER 6 MONTHS OF BULLSHIT I CAN FINALLY ENJOY MY RIDE........
THIS PROJECT HAS REALLY TAKEN ME FOR A RIDE....AND NOT A GOOD ONE.....

Matt:Rastabana
Congrats, just remember, if it was easy everyone would do it!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Semi-Hemi said:
Congrats, just remember, if it was easy everyone would do it!!
Yea......but damn there must be a line between diffucult and maniacal...LOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thought you guyd would like to know hwere this thread went ....well here it is!!!!!!!!!!!!The long awaited moment to see the ride painted!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SoCalRT said:
They really cleaned up that first mess of a hinge you had. Car look great.
Thanx man!!! im just happy its finally coming to an end....now i can relax...:rauch08: LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts