Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've been debating getting my rims and grill powder coated flat black. To see how I would like it on the actual car, I plasti-dipped it!

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
That's a good lookin ride, now all you need is just a bit of a drop bro and you will be set, that is if ur wantin to lower it.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,840 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I want to drop it a bit. From what I understand, if I just switch to the pro-kit springs that'll drop me about 1.5 inches which is about where I want to be, is that correct?

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
Looking good

and yes the Pro-kit is about a 1 1/2 I have been driving with the kit on my car about 18 mo and love it see sig pic

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
You'll wanna upgrade your struts and shocks as well. Just replacin the springs will have your Mag WAY too bouncy. I have DropZone springs/struts,shocks on my RWD and the package was only $300 brand new. If money is the issue, look into that. Nearly 2 years later, I've had no problems with that set up. That's a 2" drop, btw.

·
Hemi? Noooooooo!
7,347 Posts
You'll wanna upgrade your struts and shocks as well. Just replacin the springs will have your Mag WAY too bouncy. I have DropZone springs/struts,shocks on my RWD and the package was only $300 brand new. If money is the issue, look into that. Nearly 2 years later, I've had no problems with that set up. That's a 2" drop, btw.
Do they make them for AWD?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Wow...I love the plasti rims! I'm really tempted to do this as a next mod! Where do you get plasti dip spray?

For the AWD,'lowering springs are about $250, new OEM front struts are about $50 each and new rear shocks are about $80 each. Mel the entire lowering upgrade can be done for just a tad under $500.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Looks Great!

Wow...I love the plasti rims! I'm really tempted to do this as a next mod! Where do you get plasti dip spray?
You can find it in the paint isle at Home Depot. I've got 4 cans ready to go on my wheels hopefully this weekend. I also want to do the grille, but we'll see how much time I have to spend.
-Mike

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
looks good!! DAM PLASTI DIPPERS! ;)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I think your mag looks great. I would leave it like that for now---no need to powder coat anything now. Save your money for the suspension.
The only other thing I would do is tint the tails and eliminate the chrome on the moldings. I used pinstriping tape form pep boys--works great and holds up very well.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Hey guys. Im DirtyPana and i have an addiction to plasti-dip. It all started when... LOL.

Ride looks sweet. Good job.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts