Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a magnjm sxt 07 and my check engine light is on and when I had the code read it said that it was exghaust circulation or recirculation and I dont know what that means if someone could please explain It to me please I went on some really bad roads with deep pot holes i dont know if that did somthing

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yes need the code

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve might have gone bad or is going bad. It's part of the emissions system. You need to replace it or have it replaced. It's common to have these go bad. It has nothing to do with bad roads. If you drove hard enough for the roads to damage the EGR valve, you're suspension would be trashed.
The EGR valve on your engine is located on the back of the engine between it an the firewall.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello just a update but as I was driving today I noticed that at low speeds pushing on the gas the rpms were going up and down without a change on how I pushed on the pedal but I will look into the egr and I have 71000 miles so its probably bad bec thats usually when a lot of stuff goes bad

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Partial throttle is when the EGR is active. It does not not operate at idle or wide open throttle. Sounds like yours may be going bad. I'd replace that before anything else.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.