Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of trying to converting the rear (tailgate) window to a power roll up and down. I am interested in doing this to a 2005. I figure someone has at least thought of it?

·
Premium Member
11,940 Posts
The thought has been tossed around a few times. I think the biggest drawback is the fabrication that would be involved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting! That would be kinda slick. No idea how to work it however.
I suppose you could find the mechanics of a window from a suburban or blazer with a roll down. Wouldn't it require some massive lift gate modifications?
More than I am capable of I am sure. :)

·
حسد العا
738 Posts
wouldnt there be a problem with the dirt coming into the back? for some reason rears of our cars pulls dirt all over it

·
Being kept down by the man
7,782 Posts
I thought about it, but when I looked at it, I don't think there is enough "tailgate" to roll it down. And the window is too wide to go up. And if it did go down, the window would have to go way in due to the tailgate being at a different angle. It could probably be done, but would be tough to conceal on the inside, and a pain to make it seal right. And with the vortex/swirl that get's the back window so dirty, I bet it would suck dirt and exhaust in on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts