Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been pricing power steering pumps, it seems that I have a mild leak coming from it, replacing the part itself seems really simple, but my question is do I have to bleed the system after replacing the pump and if so, what is the best procedure for doing it. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not a Dodge mechanic by any means, but any chev or Ford I'd replaced the power steering pump on we never bled the system after we put it back together. Usually get it back together, fill it up approximately to the level it should be, start the car with the cap off and then move the wheels back and forth over and over and over topping up as needed. After it's ran a good 5-10 minutes of back and forth, top up to the exact level and done. Check it again a week or two down the road but so far I've never had to top it up again it's been good. Worst case is what, you run your power steering pump dry? If you're worried about toss a bottle of power steering fluid in the car just to make sure you have some on hand, you'll hear it if it starts to run dry and just check it every so often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts