Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be arriving in the mail today, just wondering is there anything i should know about it ? Ive seen horror stories of it messing up the computer or people messing up the gears.. just wondering what does what, what i should mess with n what i should leave alone. Also is the MPG booster worthit? i read somewhere it only gives about a 1 - 2 mpg difference n just robs peformance which if it actually does improve MPG decently i wouldnt mind on the drive to work but for 1 MPG id just do the CAI 93 tune n suck it up

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Some Predators have throttle boost and mileage tunes (depending on hardware)

Here are the things you'll adjust in your tune.

Tire size -
enter appropriate wheel/tire sizes

Throttle boost -
20%

Transmission settings -
shift firmness - increased
Autostick auto up shift mode - 1
gear ratio - leave alone
reset adaptives - yes
shift points - stock

There are other things (cooling fans, rev limiters, spark, fuel, etc.) that shouldn't be changed unless you understand what you're doing and why you're doing it.

Here is a lot of Predator information - Diablosport Predator - Read it, save it and understand it. It can make things much easier.

And above all..........If you're not sure, leave it alone and ask, otherwise you may end up with a 4500lb paper weight sitting in your driveway.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thannks, and i bought a 180 t-stat about a month ago but was waiting till i got a tuner to put it in, what should the fans be set to? on LX forums i believe it said 185 high 180 low or something like that

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
ok thannks, and i bought a 180 t-stat about a month ago but was waiting till i got a tuner to put it in, what should the fans be set to? on LX forums i believe it said 185 high 180 low or something like that
There are 9 settings in cooling fans to change. There are low, med and high fan speeds. LX's only have 2 speeds - low and high. Even though our cars do not have med fan speeds, you still need to enter a temp for med speed. Enter the high speed settings in the med speed spot. (see below)

LS -low speed
MS - medium speed
HS - high speed

Cooling fans A/C off - 6 settings

High MPH

HS - 190
MS - 190
LS - 185

Low MPH

HS - 190
MS - 190
LS - 185

A/C on - 3 settings

HS - 190
MS - 190
LS - 185

Use these setting to start with. See how they work out. You can change them later if you want. Understand that the cooler you run the temps, the more the fans will run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts