Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all of the custom fiberglass enclosures people are making for the rear pockets of our magnums, but does anyone offer a preformed box? Like the JBL stealbox or MTX thunderform they have for other applications?

·
Registered
50 Posts
There are only two companies that I know who make custom enclosures. JL Audio makes a stealthbox. It retails for $599 and comes with a JL 10w3v3. The other is my company, Art Of Noise Audio. Mine isn't a preform though, it is custom made to order from fiberglass, similar to the way my How-To enclosure was made. AoN enclosures are $325 shipped/covered and you can order them direct from my site, www.ArtofNoiseAudio.com

The JL box and my enclosures are both solid boxes. The differences are that JL only offers the drivers side, and obviously they can't be custom ordered to house your particular subwoofer.

Rob

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, I see he has zero feedback. The price is just too good to not look into it though. I am going to see if I can get some hi rez pics of what he makes. He seems to have quite a few listed for other makes on ebay. Robbyho seems to have a decent reputation in these forums. Plus they are covered and ready to go. Maybe I myself should not cheap out.

Keith

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Those E-bay enclosures look like they may place the subs out so far the floor would no longer open correctly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That cold be very true. I have been in touch with the guy (a few PMs). He promissed me more images. I asked him to join this discussion.

SoCalRT said:
Those E-bay enclosures look like they may place the subs out so far the floor would no longer open correctly.

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
23 Posts
boxes

i just got my fiberglass boxes from bassforms they are build really good im taking them to the body shop tommorow to get them painted

·
Registered
7 Posts
Brett, do you manufacture those enclosures? If not, where is the best place to get them? Finally, Is their enough airspace in that small area?
Thanks Bro

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
No, I don't make enclosures, just the one for my ride. There is just inder 1 cubic foot in my enclosure, which is fine for the speaker I picked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey brett, did you make your box? If so do you make them to sell and how muchwpuld you charge for one? I like how your's came out, it looks very clean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The preform box looks really good & clean. With the limited space for air to flow how is the sound quality? I would love to use the preform but not sure how much if any sound quality I would sacarfice by not using a regular custom speaker box. If anyone has compared the difference please let me know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
MIKE said:
The preform box looks really good & clean. With the limited space for air to flow how is the sound quality? I would love to use the preform but not sure how much if any sound quality I would sacarfice by not using a regular custom speaker box. If anyone has compared the difference please let me know.

I know how I could seem biased, but I try to be as honest as possible even when I lose money. The enclosures that I sell are about 0.7 cu ft. The airspace in the enclosure is a big determining factor of how the sub will sound. To add to that, all subs will sound different in any given enclosure. Some subs sound great in 0.3 cu ft, and some subs will lose all bottom end in anything under 1.0 cu ft. Most 10" subs are optimized for 0.5-1.0 cu ft, so the Magnum enclosures work very well for them. Generally, a smaller enclosure will produce "tighter" bass and a larger enclosure will yield better low end extension. A larger enclosure will be more efficient(require less power to get the same output).

Bilding an enclosure into a panel like the Magnum's rear panels, will add a type of loading that will produce the least amount of cancellations and yield the 'best' sound. It is the same concept as building speakers into the walls in home theaters or in movie theaters - because the sound coming from a standard box will emit in all directions and diffract around the backside of the enclosure to be later reflected and combined with the direct wave, causing cancellations. That can color the sound, which is usually tried to be avoided.

lol, sorry if this is too much info.

Rob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts