Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the cheapest place to do it? when i bought the car i had the crappy transponder key i finally got a pair of the remote ones looking to get them programmed but dodge charges like 90$ a key.. HA ok

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Anyone know the cheapest place to do it? when i bought the car i had the crappy transponder key i finally got a pair of the remote ones looking to get them programmed but dodge charges like 90$ a key.. HA ok
Sorry but thats what you need to do. Look on the bright side a friend of mine with a porsche lost his key and it cost him 500 from porsche

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
holy crap lmao and i was thinkin that was my only option just thought id ask.
Sorry but thats what you need to do. Look on the bright side a friend of mine with a porsche lost his key and it cost him 500 from porsche

·
Registered
273 Posts
You could always try Lowes I was in there yesterday and they had a sign up for transponder keys don't know if they'd work but it is worth a shot

·
Registered
326 Posts
yah i was in ace hardware and it also said keys reprogramed, worth a shot, because i paid 75$ for 1 key to be done, i only had 1 key fab when i bought my mag. i will be sure that if that happns again it will be in the deal to have two keys.lol. my remote start demanded a chip key so i acually start my car with a 5$ spare key thats not programed,much lighter and smaller in your pocket.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You need two keys, Good luck i did this to mine.

Add a key when you already have two:
1) Insert one the programmed transponder keys into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the switch to the "ON" position
2) The key should be in the "ON" position for 5 seconds but not more than 15 seconds. Turn back to the "OFF" position.
3) Within 10 seconds, insert second programmed transponder key into the ignition and turn to the "ON" position. The VTSS ( Vehicle Theft Security System ) or Immobilizer System lamp (depending on model ) should start to flas. An audible tone will indicate the system has entered the " Programming Mode ".
4) Within 45 seconds, turn the switch to the "OFF" position. Insert the new transponder key and turn the switch to the "ON" position. After approx. 10 seconds and audible tone will sound and indicator lamp will illuminate briefly. This will let you know key has been programmed.
5) To add aditional keys, repeat steps 1 - 4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts