Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on AE Carbon website and came across the Magnum GT lowering springs. this is for V6 Magnums 05-Up. These springs have a drop of 1.75in. in the frnt and rear. My question is, if I go with these springs, what's the largest rim and tire size I can slap on W/out modifications? currently my rims are stock 17' alloys. also, excuse da ignorance..lol, what's the deal with "offset"? I keep seeing that pop up in threads. is that only a worry if u trying to get rims that don't exactly fit or is this somethin to be concerned about W/All rims? thnkx in advance

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Offset is the distance from the mounting hub to the center of the wheel. Positive means it's closer to the front, negative means it's closer to the rear. I've never heard of mods needed with 22's unless they're too wide. (staggered set up, for example) Guys with 24's sometimes need to roll the fenders ( depending on offset) and grind down the bolt to fit em. 265/35/22 and 255/25/24 are pretty common tire sizes here. I have 255/30/22 with a 2 inch drop with no problems.

·
"INSTITUTIONALIZED"
5,718 Posts
Offset is the distance from the mounting hub to the center of the wheel. Positive means it's closer to the front, negative means it's closer to the rear. I've never heard of mods needed with 22's unless they're too wide. (staggered set up, for example) Guys with 24's sometimes need to roll the fenders ( depending on offset) and grind down the bolt to fit em. 265/35/22 and 255/25/24 are pretty common tire sizes here. I have 255/30/22 with a 2 inch drop with no problems.
Good call-tire size,width and offset iz key to no MODn!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts