Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been following many of these threads for sometime now but haven't felt worthy of joining until I owned a Magnum. Well I do now. I just bought a Silver 2005 R/T with 55k miles on it. pretty proud of it.

To start... what type of headlights would go well with a silver Magnum. I have 20" black Dodge Viper rims on it if that helps. I was thinking these 05-08 Dodge Magnum Led Halo Projector Headlights W/ Amber Reflector - Black : Amazon.com : Automotive

any suggestions?

For tail lights I was thinking these
Dodge Magnum 2005 2006 2007 2008 LED Tail Lights - Black : Amazon.com : Automotive

any suggestions?

I have no idea where to start with fog lights. For both the head lights and fog lights I prefer something close to if not the xenon family of headlights.

As far as car audio goes I have all the speaker and wiring I need however I wanted to put a double-din nav unit in the dash, does anyone know the best bezel or adapter to use for that?

Just to throw one more topic in there? Is anyone please with their DiabloSport Predator Tuner?

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Aftermarket projectors are Chinese crap. The LED tails are good. I replaced my reverse and turn signal bulbs with LED and tinted the lenses. I tinted my fogs with 20% film and put 16w LED projector bulbs in. The Predator is obsolete, it was replaced by the inTune. It's a good product and my car runs much nicer with it.

·
Registered
920 Posts
You will find that everybody is pleased with their DiabloSport tuners! As far as the radio bezel, all you will need is a double din bezel from a 2005-2007 Dodge Magnum or Dodge Charger. In 2008-up they re-designed the bezel slightly, so it will not work out too well without some modifications. For headlights/taillights, I cannot give any sort of advice/suggestions other than any sort of aftermarket light is a type of Russian Roulette when it comes to reliability/functionality/life span. However, if you plan on ever going HID bulbs, an aftermarket headlight to consider would be one with projector housings, which will compliment the HID bulbs vs. the OEM halogen housings. Personally, I am not too much of an aftermarket headlight/taillight person because I am picky with fitments and designs. Fog lights you are more or less limited to LED foglights, which I've heard pretty much negatively of, smoked OEM style lenses, installing some colored halo's into stock bulbs, or just putting in some HID/HOD style bulbs. I'm not sure if there are any other real options out there minus heavy modding of course.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I guess everyone but FROST is happy with their Diablo tuner :p I'd love to have the Intune as well, but it's not really in my price range ATM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aftermarket projectors are Chinese crap. The LED tails are good. I replaced my reverse and turn signal bulbs with LED and tinted the lenses. I tinted my fogs with 20% film and put 16w LED projector bulbs in. The Predator is obsolete, it was replaced by the inTune. It's a good product and my car runs much nicer with it.
FROST- My Mag is Silver and I really like what you did with yours, granted I can only see the tiny picture under your name (how would I go about viewing your gallery if you have one?) I will hold off on the Halo projectors. How simple is it to install the LED tails? What headlights are you using? If you can't tell I am a noob..... I like the slanted silver "eye brow" job over your headlights do you guys call that "charger headlights" or what? As for the fog lights you are just suggesting changing the bulb, right? nothing about the housing or wiring right?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will find that everybody is pleased with their DiabloSport tuners! As far as the radio bezel, all you will need is a double din bezel from a 2005-2007 Dodge Magnum or Dodge Charger. In 2008-up they re-designed the bezel slightly, so it will not work out too well without some modifications. For headlights/taillights, I cannot give any sort of advice/suggestions other than any sort of aftermarket light is a type of Russian Roulette when it comes to reliability/functionality/life span. However, if you plan on ever going HID bulbs, an aftermarket headlight to consider would be one with projector housings, which will compliment the HID bulbs vs. the OEM halogen housings. Personally, I am not too much of an aftermarket headlight/taillight person because I am picky with fitments and designs. Fog lights you are more or less limited to LED foglights, which I've heard pretty much negatively of, smoked OEM style lenses, installing some colored halo's into stock bulbs, or just putting in some HID/HOD style bulbs. I'm not sure if there are any other real options out there minus heavy modding of course.
I appreciate your knowledge on the headlights. I certainly do not want to get involved in any game of roulette. I like simple and reliable. How quickly or simply can you change performance characteristics with the Predator tuner?

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I guess everyone but FROST is happy with their Diablo tuner :p I'd love to have the Intune as well, but it's not really in my price range ATM.
I'm very pleased with the inTune. I think you misunderstood.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
FROST- My Mag is Silver and I really like what you did with yours, granted I can only see the tiny picture under your name (how would I go about viewing your gallery if you have one?) I will hold off on the Halo projectors. How simple is it to install the LED tails? What headlights are you using? If you can't tell I am a noob..... I like the slanted silver "eye brow" job over your headlights do you guys call that "charger headlights" or what? As for the fog lights you are just suggesting changing the bulb, right? nothing about the housing or wiring right?

Thanks
I had a full album on here but it got lost somehow. I can post a few pics here for you. My headlights are stock with the side marker blacked out. 2.5" eyelids are painted directly onto the lens. LED tails are a 5 minute swap. I'll post a link for that. I was talkin about just changin bulbs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VERY SHARP Looking. Is the process for blacking out the side markers simple? Painting the eyelid to the inside of the housing? And what is that SEXY hood you have on there?

·
I am a computer.
5,683 Posts
Although the Diablo Predator is no longer in production you can find them used and at reasonable prices. You should be pleased with any Diablo product (Predator, inTune or Trinity), they are the go-to brand for LX tuning. Changing tunes is relatively simple and takes no more than 5 minutes once you get the hang of it.

In regards to the nav-bezel, you can try hunt down a stock one but they are becoming rare and highly overpriced ($150-$200). Alternately, you can get in there and try modify your own. The link below used to be a good write-up but it appears the photos have now been deleted. Kind of pointless now. http://www.custommagnums.com/forums/audio-modifications/305-how-install-2dinn-head-unit-standard-radio-bezel.html

PS: Welcome to the site.

I had a full album on here but it got lost somehow.
Ugh another album issue? Strange things happening around here lately regarding galleries and albums.

·
Registered
377 Posts
their right about playing russian roulette when it comes to aftermarket headlights but that being said i think ive dodge a bullet im very happy with my headlights. The only thing i have issues with are hid kits so now im back to halogen silver star bulbs just because i was tired of the hid flickering and them going out. I might try again one day. heres a pic of my headlights.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
VERY SHARP Looking. Is the process for blacking out the side markers simple? Painting the eyelid to the inside of the housing? And what is that SEXY hood you have on there?
You have to bake your headlights and remove the lenses in order to get to the side markers. All I did for the eyelids was mask off the parts I wanted to stay clear. Then I sanded the parts to be painted, sprayed and clear coated. Remove the tape and now you have eyelids. This way, i could make em the exact size I wanted so that my turn signals could still be seen, while lookin as mean as possible. I have the Trufiber Challenger style hood, same as Santi.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
their right about playing russian roulette when it comes to aftermarket headlights but that being said i think ive dodge a bullet im very happy with my headlights. The only thing i have issues with are hid kits so now im back to halogen silver star bulbs just because i was tired of the hid flickering and them going out. I might try again one day. heres a pic of my headlights.

Your Fog lights are awesome! How much and where can I find those?

·
Registered
377 Posts
*the fog lights i ordered from carid.com they are Notto se led daytime running lights 7.48inches and then i ordered a set of fog light delete covers off an se magnum and cut the shape of the fog light out and used 2 part bonding epoxy to attach the bracket supplied with the led lights into the cover. I painted the covers brilliant black to match the bumper. I wired them into the existing fog light wires since i had factory fog lights already. I did have to put 1 black trim screw in the top of the cover that isnt visible unless your laying down infront of the car since the fog light delete covers just snap in and werent designed to hold any weight.I hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i also have after market proj/halo h/l.. i love em but one piece of advice on the halos if ure going aftermaket, make sure there ccfl... they are much brighter than standard halos. i also have a predator which is no longer in production (replaced by the intune) but still supported by diablo (updates for soft wear, tunes etc.) and that is by far the best upgrade i have done to my car, better mpg.. much better throttle responce and a noticable power increase. oh and when ure taking ure tail lights out make sure to hold on to the fastiners if the fall into the body they're not coming back out lol.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
changing out tailights is a piece of cake. im so glad i did mines. really changes up the look of the rear end. plus the led brake lights are much brighter than stock. so thats a plus, safety wise. i have some pixs of mines in the Dark room section.

IMPORTANT! lol do not buy those tailights you posted at that price. its a rip off. i have the exact same ones. your link shows them for $250 dollars. guess what i paid for mines on ebay brand new. mines were only $102 with free shipping. havent had no issues with mines either. please check out ebay. amazon aftermarket stuff be way overpriced. save the money and go to ebay. get one from a seller with a good rep. just type in dodge magnum aftermarket led taillights in the search. plenty will pop up. i almost fainted when i saw that price your link showed..lmfao

1 - 20 of 23 Posts