Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

So my check engine light came on a few days ago. went to a shop to get it checked out quick and they said my catalytic converter is gone and I need new ones. so im online and I found some magnaflow universal catalytic converters for around $80 each, doesn't seem to bad. I was Just curious If anyone knows if these will fit my 2.7. there 14'' long in/out is 2.25 and im going to need 2 correct? will these make it sound deeper or anything aswell?

thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Before you buy cats you need to look into your emissions warranty if there is such a thing in Canada.

Don't just buy the cheapest cats you can find. Get cats that are legal for use in your area and that are made for your car (engine).
Any place that's worth buying from will have this information readily available before you purchase.

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
To my knowledge Magnaflow cat's are legal everywhere. . . they even have specific ones for CA.

I do agree though that you should get the right ones that are listed to fit your car.

(I can measure up my OEM 3.5L cats when I am off work to verify if they are the same at the 2.7)

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I do agree though that you should get the right ones that are listed to fit your car.
Of course you do ;-P

BTW - Looking like Luongo may have won his cup against SJ huh?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what would be the right ones for my car? ive called a few places and theres either direct fit or universal but the direct are like $600 each and unis are about $140 each

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
So what would be the right ones for my car? ive called a few places and theres either direct fit or universal but the direct are like $600 each and unis are about $140 each
The "direct fit" includes the converter and entire mid-pipe. I don't think Magnaflow makes these for a 2.7.

The "universal" is just the converter.

Of course you do ;-P

BTW - Looking like Luongo may have won his cup against SJ huh?
I can't believe we signed that guy for 10 freaking years. . . When he is on his game he is good, however, he is the most inconsistent golie I have ever seen. Can't blame him for everything, even though he let in a lot of weak goals, but the Bruins simply raped us in every way during the second/ third of the last two games. We shall see what happens at home . . . I still say 'nucks in 7 aha.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
On Magnaflows site, they do have direct replacements for the 2.7....$700.00 each side I believe.

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
On Magnaflows site, they do have direct replacements for the 2.7....$700.00 each side I believe.
Hum. . . looks like the same part is listed for both 3.5L and 2.7L so I guess they are the same.

tbhmagnum: I would say the direct fit (part # 26201 and 26202) is overkill on the SE since it increases the midpipe size from 2.25" to 2.5" and uses a "high flow cat". . . not to mentioned they are ridiculously priced. . . listed at $700MSRP but are really $300ea at Lordco.

The universal OEM replacement would be fine. part # 46756 . . . not sure why MSRP shows $700 still but give Lordco a call and see what they really cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts