Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I,m totally devastated.My engine is seized.
I try to find a used one.But thats not eazy.I have a 2006 Magnun R/T with AWD.What kind of engine would fit?I figured it must also come from an AWD? does a engine fron a Ram pickup also fit ?
I,m from british columbia.It seems also nearly impossible , even if I would provide an engine, to find a mechanic who would do the swap.Asked a lot of shops and everyone tells me they could not put a used engine in for me, because when that engine would fail, I would blame them.That is so stupid.
I need my Magnum done again.There is no other car in the world that I want more then the Magnum.
Thanks,
Norbert

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
25 Posts
I would imagine a Hemi from a charger, 300c, or another magnum of similar years would drop right in regardless if it’s AWD. I am not aware of any major changes to the engine mounts or block that would prevent this but I am not an expert by any means.

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
17 Posts
awd engines are exactly the same as non awd. you need a 5.7l hemi v8 from 2005 to 2008. the only difference is the engine mounts. awd engine mounts are different. which vehicle the engine came from don't matter. the engine in my awd magnum is out of a jeep grand cherokee

·
Premium Member
05 Magnum AWD RT
61 Posts
Hi,
I,m totally devastated.My engine is seized.
I try to find a used one.But thats not eazy.I have a 2006 Magnun R/T with AWD.What kind of engine would fit?I figured it must also come from an AWD? does a engine fron a Ram pickup also fit ?
I,m from british columbia.It seems also nearly impossible , even if I would provide an engine, to find a mechanic who would do the swap.Asked a lot of shops and everyone tells me they could not put a used engine in for me, because when that engine would fail, I would blame them.That is so stupid.
I need my Magnum done again.There is no other car in the world that I want more then the Magnum.
Thanks,
Norbert
I found a site with great prices, just bought a tranny for my 05 awd rt maggie. www.35certifiedautoservicesus.com I am going to buy a motor from them just to put in so I can have my original one built.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts