Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to get my oil changed two weeks ago at a muffler man. I checked my oil today...well, tried to... And this happened.

Someone please help... How do I get it out?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
994 Posts
See if you can get a long screw to bite into the plastic don't sink it in too far think like you are pulling out a wine cork

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried and i apparently hit the metal part and it stopped screwing in... And it won't work to pull it out. I think I'm fucked.

This just happens to addbto my glorious month of June. Fresh out of hospital and now bad crap keeps going wrong.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Small drill bit to start a hole and a small screw.
Agree with that, but before putting a self-tapping screw into the new hole, warm the dipstick tube up a bit with a hot air gun. The screw will go in easier (otherwise the screw will push the plastic plug further down the dipstick tube). Leave it to cool a bit then the whole thing can be drawn out. This happened to me some time ago, and it is the only thing that worked for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree with that, but before putting a self-tapping screw into the new hole, warm the dipstick tube up a bit with a hot air gun. The screw will go in easier (otherwise the screw will push the plastic plug further down the dipstick tube. Leave it to cool a bit then the whole thing can be drawn out. This happened to me some time ago, and it is the only thing that worked for me.
Anyone know how much a new one costs? Mopar or not? Caus I can't find a magnum anywhere at any salvage yards in michigan.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is little to nothing left of my stick. Just the metal part that goes in and some of the melted plastic. I dunno how to get the tube off or get it out.

I have no money for the stealership either

·
Registered
373 Posts
Keep your head up buddy , these guys have you covered !!! GL on getting it out

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now my fucking driver side window will not roll up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts