Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after going so long without getting pulled over (since I got Trojum Oct 2010) I finally got stopped and received a ticket because my rear license plate bulb went out. I bought the replacement bulbs but how do I go about replacing it. Went I went to look back there, I didn't even see an assembly, like it looks like it's gone :eek:mfg:

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
There's 2 mounting screws and the wire wants to curl the housing back. If you don't see anything, it probably fell back behind the fascia. Might be able to fish it out if you feel the wire or housing I guess
GL

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I just got it. I wonder if I show the court that I replaced it within 24 hours if they will drop the ticket

·
Registered
546 Posts
damn that sucks i dont even know if i have a light either! they might thats how they do it down here..if u get pulled over with expired insurance or something like that or a light being out they will drop the ticket if u show proof u changed it or got up to date insurance

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Thanks I just got it. I wonder if I show the court that I replaced it within 24 hours if they will drop the ticket
Should only be a "fix it" ticket.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Why not grab a blue or white LED bulb while you're at it!?

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
that sucks! hope they drop it!

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
Should only be a "fix it" ticket.
no such thing as fix it tickets in jersey, not in the past 2 counties ive lived in anyway.....once it written u pay for it...if it has to do with license registration or insurance, or a moving violation, u get a court date, other than that, mail, online or drive down to the towns municipal building and pay it...

Matt i have i white led bulb i could have gave u when u were at the house...

·
^you cant see my mag... hahaha
4,553 Posts
Thats the only bulb thats ever gone out on my mag... Twice to be exact got pulled over both times and they just said change it at ur earliest convenience... No fix it ticket or anything... People dont get tickets around here for lights being out they just pull u over run ur info and tell u to fix it... Which imo is how it should be in every state...

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Thats the only bulb thats ever gone out on my mag... Twice to be exact got pulled over both times and they just said change it at ur earliest convenience... No fix it ticket or anything... People dont get tickets around here for lights being out they just pull u over run ur info and tell u to fix it... Which imo is how it should be in every state...
That'd be nice! I got a ticket back in NY after a 12 hour road trip in the last 2 minutes for "failure to signal" even though I did signal. A quick 1 blink to get over(no good) then put the blinker back on for the turning lane. Seems crazy to me now seeing everyday how many people don't signal, EVER

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got the replacement but I also ordered white ones on ebay. Just put the replacement on now so I have proof I fixed it right away...hopefully it works out

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE...I added in the replacement but it won't go on. The light is not burnt out this time so I'm pretty sure there is a short somewhere. Where should I look and what fuse does the light go to.

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE ON THE PREVIOUS UPDATE :lmao: After searching everywhere I decided to try the simple thing and check the wire connection...doiiiiii it was the stupid black wire :pat:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts