Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some rear springs (srt or aftermarket). Looking to level out the ride.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like your back rims will rub if you go lower, judgin from your default pic.
It's stock height....it should be ok with a 1 or 1.5 inch drop

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
If your tires are out under the fender lip, you'll definitely have to roll the fenders. You may even need to replace the shocks. When you enter/exit driveways, etc. the fender will dip down into and/or over the tires without the right shocks.

If you're looking for the best option available, if you're interested in doing it right and doing it once, consider BC Racing coilovers. They'll allow you to set the ride height in the rear and the front independently of each other and with the 30 position adjustable damping, you can set the shock stiffness to keep the rear off the tires. One of the best upgrades I've ever installed onto my car.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
It's stock height....it should be ok with a 1 or 1.5 inch drop
Remember, your suspension moves. I had rims on my first car that stuck out past the fender. There was maybe 1.5 " between the fender and the tire. I couldn't even have a passenger in the back seat cuz they rubbed every time I went over anything that caused the suspension to move. I stiffened up the rear springs and it helped, but the back end was so stiff that my car felt like a pogo stick. I eventually had to sell the rims cuz they were too wide.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys....I hear u fireman, just don't have the coin right now for the BC's. I have brand new eibach shocks for my rear that I never put on because I only lowered the front. Just looking for a temporary fix until I can get some coilovers.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why not get the pro kit springs for the rear?
They only sell the fronts separately not the rears. I would have to buy the whole kit. I think I am going to just buy the tein s-techs, and sell my front eibachs.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SRT springs with nivomats in the rear might work well. If you get them from a 300 it should squat down nicely for you:

265/35s front and rear.
Thanks for the pic....I have a set of rear eibach shocks that I never used.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts