Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK well I know this might be common knowledge to some of you but I am going to do a wright up on how to remove the trim panels on the hatch. I know I had some questions but I just went for it and maybe this will help someone else.

First off you need to remove the 2 screws located within the handle that you pull the hatch closed with.

Then Remove the cover that is covering the lights and remove the light bulbs.

Then CAREFULLY pull down on the panel next to the latch. You should be able to see in there with a flashlight and see the clips holding the panel on.

Now this is where a a nice set of trim removal tools come in handy.

Use you trim remover tools to pry the clips out. You can but I DON'T Suggest just pulling down you run the risk of breaking clips or worst case you could break the panel.
There is also a wire that you have to unhook for the lights in the hatch so be careful.

There is 8 clips on each section, 8 upper, and 8 lower and they are broke up 4 on the left and 4 on the right of each section.

Once you get the lower panel off there is 1 screw on each side that need to be removed before the upper section can come off.

Then use the same steps as the lower panel. Carefully pull back the panel and use your trim removal tools.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Good write up this will help me someday I know!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.