Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have an 06 R/T with the stock Boston Acoustics setup and the Stock REC radio with the 6CD changer, Navi, and uConnect.
This morning when driving into work, the Screen started to flicker, then stopped so i thought nothing of it. Then right before I got to work, the screen just went white/blue. I checked all the functions and everything works (CD, NAV, AM/FM, SIRIUS, all good) just seems the screen crapped out on me. (i'm attaching a pic of the screen) Pretty much hating life right now.

Has anyone had/seen this issue before?
I've worked with electronics before, but never a screen like this. Is this something I can fix if i get the screen?
If not, does anyone know a place where i can get it refurbished? Or if anyone is near Bronx, NY, is there a good spot I can bring it to?

Thanks for the input!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
That looks like it could be the lcd cable to the mainboard came loose or the video controller crapped out on. Definitely would have to get into it to see.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am having the same problem...please let me know if you resolve it. I was going to take out the stereo and make sure the connectors were still OK, though I think its a long shot.

Hey all,

I have an 06 R/T with the stock Boston Acoustics setup and the Stock REC radio with the 6CD changer, Navi, and uConnect.
This morning when driving into work, the Screen started to flicker, then stopped so i thought nothing of it. Then right before I got to work, the screen just went white/blue. I checked all the functions and everything works (CD, NAV, AM/FM, SIRIUS, all good) just seems the screen crapped out on me. (i'm attaching a pic of the screen) Pretty much hating life right now.

Has anyone had/seen this issue before?
I've worked with electronics before, but never a screen like this. Is this something I can fix if i get the screen?
If not, does anyone know a place where i can get it refurbished? Or if anyone is near Bronx, NY, is there a good spot I can bring it to?

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have not tried it yet....its pretty cold outside and I haven't want to deal with it in the cold. one curious thing though, it appears on colder days the screen flickers back to life....so i definitely think it is a soldering issue.

·
Not low enough...
414 Posts
Any updates?

I know Dodge had its issues with soldering... BOTH of my Magnum keys had bad soldering from the board to the battery holder. The battery/battery holder was completely loose inside, so it wouldn't always unlock/lock without smacking the key. A quick touch with some added solder... FIXED!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the delay on this guys...

I did some more research, and I found a bunch of things online that
could possibly be wrong.
Apparently fixing the REC is not easy and definently not cheap.
Could go aftermarket but then the bluetooth on my rear-view mirror
wouldn't work as well as probably would have been 700-800 with
installation, compatability kit, etc.

I then went to this site and saw that they fixed it...
Chrysler Navigation Repair & Service
online it says 350 but I called and they said "worst case" 500, so i'm
guessing it would have been 500.
w/ 90 day warranty, shipping (to CA), it would have come out to
~550-600, they just would have fixed (and guaranteed) only the screen.

I took it to a local radio shop. They said it was probably the ribbon
wire connecting the Screen went bad. Apparrently this happens to the
REC's. They then sent it out to a local place that fixes these radios
(wouldn't tell me the name).
The place they sent it out to refurbishes these radios throughout. so
I got a quote with everything for 725, crazy high, i know, but i also
get a 1 yr warranty for the entire radio and install. Reluctantly i
gave in and said to do it, was going crazy without some music in the
car.

Turned out well, radio is brand new and everything works great.
If you are good with small electronics and LCD screens, I would say
fix it yourself. I would have but I didnt want to 'F' it up even
more.
I also bought the iSimple ISCH73 to integrate an ipod/AUX-in and
installed that myself a bit after the radio re-install. So I got that
going for me.

let me know if you guys have any questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts