Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need new tires on my 2007 RT. Looks like I need P225/60R18.

STS has a great deal on the Falken Ziex ZE-329; is that tire any good? $126 each plus installation & balancing.

Maybe I should spend more and get the Pirelli P6 Four Seasons? $148 each plus installation & balancing?

I want the tires to be quiet, good traction in rain, some traction in snow, a smooth ride, and decent tread life.

I live in Central NJ. I'll need to have someone install them for me; I'm open to ideas on that too. Thanks for your ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I have RT wheels and when I bought my SXT the dealer had just installed a fresh set of Toyo Versado (Luxury Touring) 225/60/18. These tires have impressed me thus far (11k miles) with quietness, road grip, comfort and definitely in the wet traction arena. Driving cross country right after buying the Magnum I had to drive through some severe t-storms from Richmond VA across to St Louis, MO and never once did I feel the traction was an issue, no hydroplaning etc.

But, the choice of tires is so subjective its ridiculous. Best of luck.

Charlie-

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Go to a bigger size............... try 245x55x18 or 255x55x18.................

I run BFG's 255x55x18.

Bob

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I run Hankook's Ventus, they work really well and you can't beat the price. the tread pattern is directional and it is rated MS but probably not the best choice for snow driving. They hold a curver realy well but I have 275/40/20's all around so that's a lot of rubber on the road

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I have the Nitto 420s on mine and I love them!!!!! I'm running them in 255/55/18

1 - 6 of 6 Posts