Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my 141db(peak) and now going back to the flat sub box that I had before. The only issue is that the sub needed more room behind the magnets for cooling. So I designed and built this box, heck now I can even go with the Alpine "R" that I really would like to get eventually to get me 1 step closer to all Alpine. I have to remove the spare, but a can of fix-a-flat wil hopefully take care of that issue. I just need to now get some carpeting and be done with it, AGAIN!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the amp cover with the plexiglass that I have gone away with. The other day I ran the system pretty hard and noticed that the temp of hte amps was 147. When I redid with the heatsinks and the fans in the open the temp dropped to 104.

Here is the test fit of a chipboard panel to allow the heatsinks and fans to "breathe"

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very nice!!
I have a quick question.....On your fans you put in, are they computer fans or what? I have a few extra computer fans here, but I dont know how I would split the wires?? Could you let me in on some info please :)
Thanks

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crummy said:
Very nice!!
I have a quick question.....On your fans you put in, are they computer fans or what? I have a few extra computer fans here, but I dont know how I would split the wires?? Could you let me in on some info please :)
Thanks
The fans are built into the amps.

Im not sure what you are talking about "split the wires". What I did with the other system, I ran a wire to fuse 18 IGN slot. This turns it on every anytime the car ign is on. I had them mounted on the underside of the amp rack, but when I had the radio at low volume, the rear passengers could hear the drone from the vibrations. So I hooked them up to the remote on of the amps.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SoCalRT said:
Do you have some type of cover for the rear floor if you actually need to haul something??
A simple speaker grill and flipped over passenger seat floor rugs will take care of protecting the system equiptment.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well with the winISD software, I figured out that a single 4" X 8 1/4" port will give me a 8.28db gain at 42hz as shown on the sealed vs ported chart. I set the port up to start gain at 30hz. I have the amp setup for a 30-100hz bandpass(30hz subsonic and 100hz lowpass). This way the speaker wont try to destroy itself at anything below 30hz. I dont forsee anything below 30hz besides test CDs. Of course the sun decided to pop out and cast shadows as I took the pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts