Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I browsed the forum but didn't find anything that quite fit the issue I'm having.

I have a 2008 Magnum, and sometime last year my remote key quit 'speaking' with my car.
I figured it was simply a battery issue, but the more I thought about it - I realized that a year earlier, my car would unlock remotely, but the lights in the back no longer flashed.
Not sure if these 2 are related... but definitely strange.

I then decided to swap out my existing key for the 2nd one that was provided with my car. It ALSO didn't work!

My guess is that maybe it has something to do with the programming? Is it something I could have done myself by accident? - And if so, could I re-do it myself?

Also, any ideas on how I could make the tail lights flash once again when unlocking the car remotely? (Once that part is fixed of course!)

Thanks for any help and advice!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also figured I'd throw this out there -
I heard there was a recall on the 08 keys - but when speaking to the dealer - they said this recall was a VIN-specific recall that that my car had no recall...

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Do your rear turn signals bulbs work or are they burned out ? If there was a programming issue, I don't think the key would even start the car. I've read about the button connections becoming loose inside the key. If a new battery doesn't fix it, it could be the connectors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do your rear turn signals bulbs work or are they burned out ? If there was a programming issue, I don't think the key would even start the car. I've read about the button connections becoming loose inside the key. If a new battery doesn't fix it, it could be the connectors.
Yes, both the left and the right turn signals work without issue by themselves.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to add that both remotes don't work, and one of them was brand new - so I'm pretty certain it's something within the car itself.

Any chance it's a fuse or something along those lines?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts