Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning family.

I noticed yesterday that the leather seat cover on the drivers seat is starting to show its age. There are some minor wear spots and a few cracks forming.

I was thinking of replacing just the seat covers (still looking for options) but thought this might be a good time to upgrade a little.

What I would prefer would be to replace with something that looks like OEM and matches the stock interior but with additional bolstering, more akin to the SRT seats, but still looking like they would have originally come in my RT.

I do NOT want to replace the whole seat though. I'm happy with just the covers and foams. This is not going to be an urgent project so I have the time I need to figure out just what I want.

Has anyone else here done something like this? if so, where did you get your parts/supplies? Did you do the recovering yourself? Difficulty rating?

Thanks.

Richard

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would go with leatherseats.com you can customize the leather color, and stitching. I'm not sure if they do logos in them or not but it would be cool to get some done up with the R/T logo on them.

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
I know you don't want to change out the seats, but if you can find a good deal on some Road & Track seats they have a ton of bolster (visually it seems as though more than even a Hellcat? Mine came out of a 2010 Charger). I paid $1200 shipped for a front and rear set. The rear seats use the same foams as far as bolster, so you would only need the seat covers if you changed the rears too (if the seats come out of anything other than a Magnum you need to use the Magnum foam and frame anyways for the rears). Charger fronts bolted right in.

The other advantage aside for the bolster, is these seats are WAY more comfy. I'm lowered on coilovers, and with the stock seats it was a considerable rougher/stiffer ride than factory (not worse, just different). With these seats, it's way smoother and almost feels better than it did when it was on stock suspension. They are so good that I'm going to be looking for a set for my daily driver even though it'll never see a road course.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still actually haven't done anything with them. :) Have twins off to first year university and have had to significantly curb any upgrade and\or mod plans. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts