Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

RIP: Magnum, One less on the road

4K views 55 replies 43 participants last post by  BIGyogi06 
#1 ·
Some of you guys may have got my texts or seen my posts on Facebook and I appreciate you kind wishes and prayers... they've helped! For those who havent heard, my wife and I were in the Magnum last night running errands and got t-boned real bad by a girl that ran a red light. We were headed north on 25th ave at Happy Valley between the mall area, light had turned green and I proceeded pretty slow because of the deep bumps and the car being super low. The left and middle lanes were full of cars waiting at the red light on Happy Valley and apparently this girl was barreling down the right lane doing 50+ and plowed into us as we were almost through the intersection. Since we were going pretty slow we took the brute of the damage, and being the heavy end of the car, etc. It spun the car around 180*. The other car was an older Kia Sportage full of people, ended in pretty bad shape too, but not as bad as the Magnum because it kinda sheared off as it hit us. Airbags went off in their car but not ours. My wife was on the passenger side that got hit and she hit her head and shoulder on the pillar and seat belt bracket and ended up going to the ER for CT and Xrays... everything came back ok for now but shes in bad pain. I got lucky - some stiff muscles is about it.

As for the damage on the car... well the pics will show you that its in the graveyard for sure. Front subframe is bent BAD, suspension and steering components pushed against the motor, core support mangled, CBD hood buckled and split at the seams, hood pins did their job (thankfully I mounted them all the way through the core support with reinforcements), radiator and condenser are shot, the engine and trans were pushed back in the tunnel against the firewall. Found some of my BT engine bay parts on the ground at the crash site. Anyways, thank you Chrysler for building a damn good car. I'll be buying another hopefully in the near future.

V6 guys... if I can pull parts I will... but all my mods were written into the insurance policy so they should pay for them at least partially. For those who havent seen the car before... here is what it looked like in its prime

After:

See less See more
#22 ·
^^^X infinity!!

#3 ·
Damn, sorry to hear this bro! At least it sounds like everyone came out alive. Does all the maggies have the side air bags and not just certain trim levels/years?

Time for an upgrade to a RT or SRT?

#4 ·
Mine doesnt have side curtain airbags, actually I dont think Ive seen one that does. I'm hoping I can find a Mag SRT... they are getting harder to find.

#6 ·
Ah man! So sorry to hear and see this Ryan! I hope you and the wifey recover very soon. It hurts to see this knowing the amount of blood sweat and tears you put into your ride, especially your engine for us V6 guys.
Keep us posted on your recovery and lets us knwo what we can do to help get you back into an LX very soon!

#7 ·
Sorry to hear and see this man :( Glad you and your wife are OK!

eGo

#9 ·
Thanks you all for the kind words... we got real lucky about where it hit. Like your saying, if I were going a little faster or she a little slower it couldve resulted in some real bad stuff if they hit the door.

#12 ·
I am SO glad you're both okay and I'm grieving your loss along with you. I hope all turns out okay for you. If there is a bright side let's hope it leads you to another magnum with which you can unleash your creativity and make your own again.

#13 ·
Damn Ryan, that's a shame. I'm glad you and your wife weren't seriously injured.

Hope to see you in an SRT next Spring Fest.

#19 ·
Wow Ryan this is the first I've heard about this glad to hear u guys are both ok that's the important thing like many on here have said cars are replaceable but u and ur wides lives aren't sorry fir ur misfortune and I wish all the best for ur wifes recovery and hope everything goes smoothly

#20 ·
wow, that does suck, but isnt it weird to see how much good or(lucky) things can happen in a sad situation like this. when i got into my accident in my 0'5 magnum, i wiped out my whole front end ( t-boned a 0'6 silverado) ,that i found out when we got out of our cars that he was a buddy i havnt seen in a few years, (that sucked), the bulbs didnt even blow and my airbag didnt go off either, i do have them, i saw the side curtian bags n a lil co2 canister in the install of my 15 in flipdown,and the dash when my allarm was put in. i was told that those bag sensors r way in the motor area. and verrrry expensive to replace, basicily if u blow them the car is totaled. im glad u n the family are ok.

#23 ·
So very sorry to hear, & see what happened to you & your wife & your ride Ryan!! Hope all will be o.k wit your wife & yourself!! There's always 1 person that is in such a big hurry to go no where & this is tha end result... damage to someone else or there property!!

#26 ·
No matter what You and your wife are still with us and the injuries will heal! Cars can be replaced and with our hobby, always will be lol. Recover quickly and let us know if we can be of any assistance along the way my friend.

#29 ·
Ouch!!! First; so glad you and your wife weren't seriously injured and hope you both recover quickly. I really hate that for you; your mag was awesome and let just hope you'll be lucky enough to find another; this time maybe an SRT!
Best of luck to you both and your hunt for another MAGNUM!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.