Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My 2005 R/T is idling rough and the check engine light has come on. I have had this problem before and I get amultiple misfire code. I have had a tuneup done about a month ago and changed the camshaft sensor this seemed to fixthe problem with the check engine light for a while but it still idledrough. I did not see any code flashafter the tune up because I watch them run the diagnostic machine on mycar. The only thing I have done was Ireplaced the belt. I do here a tickingnoise under the hood which leads me to suspect a valve spring. It runs great other than that. There is no lag n the throttle and it seems torun great as speed. Have any Ideas?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
The "Hemi tick" is fairly common so I'm not sure you need to worry about it. Google "Hemi tick" for more information. As far as the CEL, you can check the code yourself by using the ignition key.

To check codes, do the following in fairly rapid succession

put key in ignition and turn to the "ON" position (don't start car)
now turn back to the "ACC" position
turn back to the "ON" position
back to the "ACC" position
now, back to the "ON" position

After the 3rd time to the "ON" position, look to the odometer for codes to appear. After the last code appears or if there are no codes, you'll see "----" followed by "done"

Write them down and go here - complete-list of trouble-codes to find out what they are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I thought it was something like that to check the codes. I was going all the way too the off position. That is the way it is on my wifes jeep. Anyways, it seems like the error was my own fault. I forgot to plug in the Intake Air Sensor after I put the belt on yesterday. Don't you hate when you do stupid things like that lol. Thanks for the reply on how to check my codes. I knew there had to be a way.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Thanks, I thought it was something like that to check the codes. I was going all the way too the off position. That is the way it is on my wifes jeep. Anyways, it seems like the error was my own fault. I forgot to plug in the Intake Air Sensor after I put the belt on yesterday. Don't you hate when you do stupid things like that lol. Thanks for the reply on how to check my codes. I knew there had to be a way.

Hahaha, glad it was something simple. I've done the same thing before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts