Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an AWD magnum, and when I pull out of my drive way in reverse I hear a nasty sound- atleast to me.

It almost sounds like somethings rubbing, but nothing is (I've checked, on a lift and off).

I thought possibly the tires are cupped, feathering but new tires didn't solve the issue yet either.

It happens in going in reverse at 5-10 MPH, and going forward at the same speed. Anyone might know what is causing the sound?

Like I said, it sounds like somethings rubbing but nothing is.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Noise coming from the front or rear?

Are you running aftermarket wheels? If so, what is the offset? Make sure they aren't rubbing on the spindle arm. Check the brake rotors and make sure the calipers are in proper working order.

Since the car is new to you, you should have the transfer case and transmission serviced and inspected. If either of these is the issue, you'll want to fix it before it gets worse.
Check the CV joints in the axles and make sure the hubs are in good shape. Note that the wheel bearings are sealed in the hubs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have aftermarket wheels when i bought it and I replaced them with stock rims. I'll check to see if its rubbing on the suspension parts but I didn't see anything before.

I want to say I hear it in the rear, but I can't be certain right now.

Hopefully it's something simple.

I gotta change the fluid anyway, might as well do it now and be safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 05 SXT. I found a likely similar problem in a Chrysler 300 forum that they call 'parking lot rumble'. It appears to originate in the transfer case due to metal shavings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem with my 05 SXT. I found a likely similar problem in a Chrysler 300 forum that they call 'parking lot rumble'. It appears to originate in the transfer case due to metal shavings.
If you are still around or anyone else knows, is there a fix for this? I also heard this and thought it was a wheel well liner touching or rubbing something but could not find anything. Sounds like I have the exact same thing going on possibly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts