Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Unholier than thou....
677 Posts
OK... I'll say it...

Just wear your damn seatbelt!!!

They have improved the tech so that almost all cars have adjustable points to make them fit you right.

There are only 4 groups of people that don't want to wear them...

- Too fat to fit
- I'm not letting the man tell me what to do
- Gangster drivers who have the seat dropped and leaned back so the seat belt actually blocks what little field of view they have making them an even bigger hazard to those around them
- People who are just too cool for safety (these include the ones that will tell you about their friend's cousin's aunt's sister was killed because she had her seatbelt on... it had nothing to do with the tree she hit at 80 mph...)

So... which one are you?

EDIT: Yay... I participated in thread necromancy.

·
LX Aficionado
2,499 Posts
^^^ - you are so right with the necromancy. ^^^ but valid points all the same...

·
But You Can Call Me Chris
2,042 Posts
I've tried this on 4 separate occasions and it has never worked for me. I gotta be doing something way wrong.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks for the link... I am going to take care of that before I leave work. BUT, I do wear my seat belt. I actually feel very uncomfortable, almost a "floating" feeling if I am not buckled in. But when I pull into work or get the mail and drive up my driveway, that bell is irritating as I cruise to my destination. Both spots I cannot or do not go over 5 to 10 mph, so it is safe then.

Of course, if you hear of a guy killed hitting a tree at 5mph in RVA, that's me!

JB

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
PULL FUSE #11.... Then who cares about the seat belt chime! LOL

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was wondering about this mod just yesterday. I was down the block and decided to unbelt. Couldn't have been 4 houses down and the things whaling like a banshee! Gonna try this one later today! Has nothing to do with me falling into the #1 category hahaha!

·
If only I could stop moddin'
732 Posts
Wearing seatbelts save lives, just because your going 5-20mph doesn't mean the guy running into you is, i've never unbuckled a dead person from a crashed vehicle. When unbuckled risk of ejection and death is so much higher, but you know to each their own.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I cant speak for bug fink but I live in a very small town and I cross ONE road to get to a friends house which is literally 20 seconds away or sometimes I am deciding on a radio station or something and dont buckle up till im half a mile down the road and I dont feel like hearing the dumb ding so Im going to make it shut up as soon as Im done typing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I turned my chime off, the procedure does work. It's even in the owners manual.

I usually wear my seatbelt, but for the times I just drive around the block or something I don't want to hear the annoying chime.

·
1st Lambo'd LX in UT
749 Posts
i wear my seat belt all the time....yeah sometimes my jaunt to the mail box is annoying but...i'm a musician...i just harmonize with it lol

also i like it for any front passengers that ride with me...they get reminded that the seat belt is undone...just remember...any unbuckled passengers that die under your control are a liability...

good luck

·
Steady As She Goes!!!...
6,467 Posts
why would you wanna disable it??
its there for a reason, to save lives!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts