Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Long time, no post! The Jeep is running wonderfully....getting used to the lower gas mileage. I miss the Magnum. As much trouble as it gave me, I do miss it. Maybe again someday.

But what I wanted to ask is that pretty much the seats are the same in the Magnums, Jeeps and other DC vehicles. In my Jeep the seats had some stains when I test drove it. They cleaned them but now I'm seeing water spots coming up.

Do you think they didn't get all the water out when they cleaned it? Actually, there are spots everywhere that we didn't put there!! The dye from my bluejeans has also rubbed off on the drivers seat from me getting in and out!

Is that typical of these seats? I was thinking that maybe the dealer compromised the Scotchguard that was on them? If I had the cash I'd love to switch out these seats to leather, but they are both power seats and I'm sure it would cost me an arm & a leg!!! Also thought if the cloth section on the top could be reupholstered with leather and leave the cloth at the bottom that would help. Again...seeing $$ signs!!!

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey girl - Good to hear from you. We finally have some other ladies on the forum and mentioned how much we missed you. lol

I'm not sure about the seats. I do know that if all of the water did not dry out, the water will sort of gas to the top until dry. Your bluejeans rubbing off is a little concern.

You may try going to have them cleaned and dried throughly again and then stain guarding them. I did this to my last jeep and it worked well.

Glad you are enjoying your new ride and miss seeing you around. Stay in touch and let us know when you find the solution.

Greg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greg...I've peeked in now and then to see what's been going on but haven't posted. We have a Ziebart around here, mainly for rust proofing your vehicle but I recently discovered they do upholstery. I may check them out.

What I discovered yesterday was when I went to workout I had my water bottle in my hand and a drop of water dripped on the seat as I went to put it in the cupholder. I watched that spot and even this morning, it's still there. I can't tell if it's dry, but it should be by now! Seems like any drop of water that hits the fabric leaves a water spot. Bad this time of year, when you open the door the snow flies in!!

We're in the single digits here today brrrrrr!!! Bet you are driving with the windows down!!

Thanks again...take care...I'll let you know what happens. I doubt the dealer will come to bat as I believe this is something they made happen. They just called to see how satisfied I was with it, I may make mention. Wouldn't hurt I guess.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Never hurts to voice your concerns.

Yes I was driving with the window down today. It was around 60 and while a little chilly for us, it's better than the Brrrrr stuff. lol

I lived in WI for a while and the hardest thing for me was getting use to a summer that only lasted a couple of months. Even then the temperature wouldn't be quite where I was use to. I'm use to the 100 degree, 6 month summers and swimming in the ocean through November sometimes.

Glad to hear you doing well. Keep in touch. I'll try to send some warm weather your way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your problem sounds alot like mine. My magnum has black cloth interior. I also noticed my front driver seat getting a little ashy from my jeans, color of seat is fading just a little on the edges. Really the best thing to do is to get them redone somday. My back seats have some spots also, when I first bought it it seemed like a damp towel would solve the problem, But thats no longer the case. Ive tried a few upholstrey cleaners, spray and foam, none of them really works very well. I say that because once dry I still see spots and crap. If I run across anything that gets the job done ill make sure to give you a heads up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a friend who cleans carpets for a living look at my seats the other day. He says it looks like they may have sprayed a cleaning solution and then wiped it off and what I'm seeing is the residue coming up. He said he could clean them but said it would be best to wait til spring. He would also do the carpets. He tried a spot test with some solution he had on hand but it made a larger spot than what he was trying to clean up!!! At this point I don't care, they look like hell anyway! Apparently what works best for water spots etc is a hot steam extractor from what I've read.

I'll let you know if it works when he cleans them. If so, I may invest in some real nice seat covers if I can find any that will fit without moving around when you get in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts