Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I wound up going back to stock, after trying several others. I color-matched the silver and chrome parts with brolliant black. Looks great and feels better than any after market knob I have found. Closest one other than stock was a skull shift knob. Fit the hand good but was cc c cooold in the winter and sometimes in the summer, flippin hot. It also pointed out just how skinny the shaft is that holds it. That too is blacked out on my car now. Much better.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
CMDYCRZR said:
Try www.flameball.com if you want a old time 8 ball or flame ball shift knob replacement.

I added one to my Magnum and had one on my PT. Adds some color to the interior and has a nice feel.
That's pretty cool. Does yours light up? If so, how hard was the install?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine does not light up but from what I understand from those who have lighted flameballs, it's not that difficult to do.

Otherwise, if you are not planning on a lit knob, just specify that you are adding it to a Magnum and they will send the correct thread size.

Simple unscrew the old handle and screw on the new...piece of cake!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Can't go wrong with a HEMI

·
Registered
336 Posts
where did you get that knob from?
Stopped in at an old school hot rod shop in Charleston South Carolina - Cripple Dog Hot Rods. They had this one but the opening was about 3/4 inch and our shift rod is 8mm (thanks to Mad Dad for giving up that bit of info way back when...)

I wasn't going to get it because they did not have adapters to even come close. But searched Ebay and everything else I could think of and could not locate this knob anywhere...Went back and bought it and made it fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts