Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the side molding off my 05 magnum to smooth her out but I am worried that the glue wont come off and it would look horrible. Does it come off no problem with a heat gun and some cleaner?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Just heat the moldings up a bit to soften the adhesive. Use fishing line or dental floss to remove it. Whatever adhesive is left can be removed with Goo gone or other cleaner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Goo Gone will take out the residue. I would hesitate to use a heat gun, you can over heat and damage the paint. If your in the midwest, these 90 degree days will be enough heat. Put it in the sun and wait a couple hours and just run fishing line behind them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys thats great. Il get at it tonight. I have the tails to do tonight as well and am trying to decide to do the 3rd brake light as well or not. My fbodys would crack a lot if you messed with them to much.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fireman....what size are those wheels and did you lower it or does it just sit nice and low like that factory when the wheels are that size thanks
love your car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No heat gun is needed. Just spray WD-40 across the top , let it soak for about 10 min. Then just use a 3M applicator with a lent free cloth wrapped around it. Go slow after lifting the lip. You can clean any residual's off with goo gone or the WD-40.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know....in the past iv seen some pretty ugly jobs where like the paint didnt match or there was chunks of gunk were remaining. Thanks for the help...

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Fireman....what size are those wheels and did you lower it or does it just sit nice and low like that factory when the wheels are that size thanks
love your car.
Thanks!...My car has been lowered 2" with BC Racings coilovers. I'm sitting on 22" x 9.5" wheels with 265/35/22 rubber

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
Goo Gone will take out the residue. I would hesitate to use a heat gun, you can over heat and damage the paint. If your in the midwest, these 90 degree days will be enough heat. Put it in the sun and wait a couple hours and just run fishing line behind them.
For real. I did mine in the summer and they peeled right off after I got one end started with dental floss.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Pretty soon I'll be the only one person with the molding on all of ours. For some reason, I like the molding on the car better than without.

·
Registered
374 Posts
dude id be careful, 05s are notorious for bubbles, thats why im iffy bout doing mine

and hey Fireman kinda random but you wouldnt have any pix of the mag behind yours would u? the one with the Green on the front, i was looking to do something with Lime green but no idea what n that looks badass lol

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
christ that is gorgeous thanks for the pix, you wouldnt happen to know if thats dipped or not would you? looks it but im no genius

1 - 20 of 35 Posts