Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
#1 improvement and cheapest in my eyes. I did mine the first weekend I had her. nakey is always best haha.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Hey......that car looks just like mine! [Ha!] I also removed the side mouldings and most of the badging. Hard to believe I waited as long as I did. It looks soooo much better. The only badges left are the R/T on the rear hatch and the HEMI on both sides. All thats left to do on the exterior is black Chip Foose Nitrous 22s, detailed calipers [red] and a vertical billet grill. Question: What's the general feeling on chrome pillars? I'm still going back and forth on this one. Thanks for your imput.
L8R
He e' nalu

·
Registered
94 Posts
he e nalu said:
Hey......that car looks just like mine! [Ha!] I also removed the side mouldings and most of the badging. Hard to believe I waited as long as I did. It looks soooo much better. The only badges left are the R/T on the rear hatch and the HEMI on both sides. All thats left to do on the exterior is black Chip Foose Nitrous 22s, detailed calipers [red] and a vertical billet grill. Question: What's the general feeling on chrome pillars? I'm still going back and forth on this one. Thanks for your imput.
L8R
He e' nalu
I does look really nice on the L300's. I was thinking of doing it too. Silver with chrome accents rock...:1237:

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
O.K. gang .... you've convinced me. The polished stainless pillar covers are ordered and on their way. It's funny. A little comes off ... a little goes back on. [Ha!] I went with the set from AutoTruckToys.com. They have rolled edges that cover the entire pillar [as opposed to the flat type that leave some of the black showing] I also ordered a stainless tailgate handle for a little more "bling" in the rear of my Mag. [I will shoot a photo when they go on] The new question is: Do I lower an inch and go with 20s or ...... not lower and go with 22s? I have been told that putting 22s on a lowered Mag [1 inch] will need a bit of modification. Thanks for your imput.
L8R
He e' nalu

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are no "surprise" holes under the moldings or badges are there? I was really thinking of removing them but didn't want to have to fill in any holes after the fact.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EvilEeyore said:
There are no "surprise" holes under the moldings or badges are there? I was really thinking of removing them but didn't want to have to fill in any holes after the fact.
Nope no holes. They are just held on by some. adhesive

·
Registered
4 Posts
LuckyXIII said:
What tools and chemicals did you use to remove the moldings? Don't want to mess this one up?

Thanks.
I used the sun to warm them up and then pulled them off with my fingers. Once they get warm, they come off really easy. I had hardly any residue left after pulling off my moldings but I did use some Zippo Lighter fluid (naptha) on a paper towel to clean up a small amount of adhesive. Some recommend WD-40 also. A quick application of "cleaner" wax followed by some wax and it was done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts