Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess it isn't totally unexpected, but for the last little while i have been having some Transmissions problems. After i would pull up to a set of lights or stop sign, when i would pull away, it was like a loss of power, or the transmission going into limp mode, well after this happening intermittently for A couple weeks, I finally had the CEL come on and got a couple codes that i checked with my reader;

P0700
P2767

From what i understand the first one is a communication code, and the second one is a Input Sensor 2 Circuit- NO signal. So after doing some research from other forums and getting some advice from the only non-stealership shop in town, i have decided to pursue changing this with the help of my old man. Just in case we figure we cant do this, that one shop, being a VW custom shop, booked me in for July 2.

After lots of research here's what i need;

one valve body electrical connector plate, available on ebay, rockauto, moparonlineparts.com etc... cost, anywhere between 190 and 240 dollars. part number 52108308AB OR 5S9573

one plug replacement that DOESN'T leak like most of the stock ones. I'm not sure on a part number for one of these but it should cost less then 15 bucks.

Next is the proper amount of ATF 4 to refill the transmission.

Generally this would be a great time to do a "Full Fluid Flush" with filter replacement, but seeing as i did that back in the fall i wont bother changing the filter. Also since the gasket is re-usable from stock, plus i changed mine when i did the filter, i wont be needing to.

I have thought about changing the solenoids to the BLUE top AMG Mercedes ones, which firm up the first few shifts, but seeing as prices on those are 150-200 dollars a piece, and you need two, id strongly suggest not changing them out unless your stock ones don't work.

Next up is waiting till this weekend to get some free time over the Lube pit at the shop, and hopefully these parts can get here before then, Otherwise i will be waiting another week to get this done. which is the most likely thing that's going to happen. Luckily this problem happened now and not on my vacation this summer.

I think this is about all i have to write for now, i will probably be taking lots of pictures during the repair, and i will post them when im done. If anyone has some good advice, feedback or part numbers to give me before i start on this that would be awesome.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The Blue tops are probably too hard core and not practical for a stock car. You want to improve performance, get a Diablosport Intune programmer and start with the transmission settings it has. You could also go with the Tranzformer electronic shift kit that gives fully adjustable shifting in automatic and manual modes. Read more about it here. http://www.zautotech.com/tranzformer.html
I use both the stage 2 valve body and the Tranzformer in my car.

W5A580 (nag1) electrical connector Mopar part# 68021352AA
8 qts. ATF+4 including torque converter

Get the car up so you can work underneath it.

On the front of the transmission, above the right front corner of the pan, you'll see the electrical connector (photo #1)

You'll see the yellow "locking ring". rotate the "locking ring" counter clockwise so that the harness (plug) can be removed from the connector.

Pull the plug out of the connector. Inside, you'll see a 7mm hex nut that secures the connector (photo #2) to the connector plate. (photo #3)

Loosen the 7mm hex nut. This screw can not be removed, you'll know when it's loose enough. Now pull on the yellow "locking ring" to remove the connector.

Once the connector is removed, wipe the inside of the connector plate clean and insert the new connector. There are 13 pins in there......Make sure to get them lined up with the new connector! Tighten up the hex nut SNUG ONLY. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN or the threaded collar inside the connector plate will break off. If this happens, you'll need to replace the whole connector plate.

Once the 7mm hex nut has been snugged, plug the wire harness back in and secure the "locking ring".....DONE!

You may see a little fluid come out but it won't be much.

Remember to have the fluid level checked after repairs. The fluid level is temperature dependant. See chart below for appropriate level per temperature.

These transmissions are very sensitive to fluid level and contamination. Use ATF +4 only

L

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! Thanks for all the info it helped a lot! well i did get all the work done today, and it does feel a lot better driving it now, even though the trip to the shop didn't have nay problems, now knowing that nothing is wrong it quite the relief. As for what you were saying about the blue tops, and the shift kit, i am not looking to make this so much of a "performance" mag, more just a fun daily driver until i get some more cash, then i plan to take a trip somewhere into the mighty USA to pick one up from a forum member. Who? no clue, we will so who is selling when i am ready! Thanks again for the help!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Glad to help. Let me know if you have any questions going forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts