Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might sound stupid, my wife even asked what would the point be, but I think they should of made the back hatch window able to be rolled down. What do you guys think?

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
With the design of the rear of the car you would be sucking in all kinds of road crap. I that stuff that gets in the rear window would be in the car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
SoCalRT said:
With the design of the rear of the car you would be sucking in all kinds of road crap. I that stuff that gets in the rear window would be in the car.
Yup. I agree on that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I figured that would be a problem, but I wouldnt drive with it down, take it to shows, and put the window down?? haha.

·
Registered
320 Posts
this'd be a very major mod. You could grab parts from an old suburban easy enough but to cut away all the metal to allow the wondow to be rolled down, then reenforce all of that... I don't see an electric back wondow happening for anything less than 5 grand.
I'll pop the gate.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
What would be nice is for the glass to open up like on the S-10 blazer I had. Couple of holes for hinges and struts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure I like the roll down idea but flip up would be nice instead of lifting the whole back hatch to grab a bag of groceries.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Previous Suburban Owner and jimsmag06 is right, it's not fun!! My wife has a 4 runner and loves to drive with the rear window down and all kinds of crap gets in the car...!

·
Premium Member
9,853 Posts
Yeah, I figured that would be a problem, but I wouldnt drive with it down, take it to shows, and put the window down?? haha.
Driving with it down would be a bad idea, but it would be great for when your parked with your stereo blastin'... I always thought the rear side windows should open like the way they open on mini-vans, know what i mean?? Or a sunroof that opens the entire length of the roof (not sure if that exsists already??)

·
Registered
531 Posts
The pop up idea may work well. I would like to see that and think this would be handy. It's agreed that the roll down idea might not be a good one. For me, the temptation would be to great to roll it down while driving and the light Grey interior would be black in no time. Plus, I can't imagine the expense of going through with this kind of mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts