Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I'm looking to get some speakers to replace my factory ones. I have read some posts regarding the 2.7 SE's speaker sizes. It seems that the front ones are 6 and 1/2's and the rear ones are 6x9's. What I'm looking for is opinions on whats out there. I've come across several ones but know nothing about them.
1.) Infinity - 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers with Woven Glass Fiber Cones..Handles up to 225W peak power (75W RMS) $130/pair
Built-in crossover
Impedance: 2 ohms
Bottom-mount depth: 2-3/8"
Cutout diameter: 5-1/8"

2.)Alpine - 6-1/2" 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers $154.99/pair
Handles up to 300 watts peak power (100 watts RMS)
1" swivel-ring tweeters deliver crisp highs
Aluminum baskets with integrated tinsel leads
Strontium magnets
Sensitivity: 87dB
Impedance: 4 ohms

I found these at Best Buy, If I get some answers on these I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure out what I'll do for the 6x9's.
Or If anyone has any other advice I would love to hear it. I don't know much about audio, but know I want a nice LOUD and Crisp Sound. I'm concerned too much about BUMP. Thanks alot to anyone that can offer me some opinions and advice.

·
R.I.P. Blue Lagoon
5,929 Posts
SOOOOOO........ nobody knows anything about these speakers. I would like know also, saw the same ones but was undecided.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Those Alpines are the R series. Those infinitis are nice too.....

its all about pairing power with the right speaker. RMS is the stable power (only real number you need to care about). You pretty much match the RMS of the speaker with the RMS of the AMP.

I was gonna go with the R series in mine if i ever got the money (BTW they can be found for ~100 a pair online versus 135)

I lean towards the Alpines but those infitys are still nice.
A 70-85 w 4 chan amp will be fine and power the front and back.

For my needs i dont really require a sub.....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I run older S-Series, 50wRMS with a 75wRMS amp. With the amp X-over at 100hz, I havent lost one yet

·
Banned
4,266 Posts
Sorry I just saw this..

i am using the TYPE R subs only I have heard the comp sets dont sound do great.. I currently have the infiniti reference 6x9's in the rear and they sound great. Are you amplifing the system ? If so the fosgate amps are nice or the new lower footprint alpines...I just made a post of what is going in my car.. I work at Best Buy so I agree spend the money there lol.. Hope this helps !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts