Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new head unit that puts out decent power to my stock speakers...i want to upgrade the stockers but not to anything thats really fancy...im looking for a direct replacement in size, so no customizing to get bigger speakers...i have the 4 speaker system...any suggestions??

also what is stock speaker size for this system...i think its 6.5 in the front and 6x9 in the rear...am i right?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
bump for some help for yah, i really done know, i am a Boston acoustic setup in mine so there is 6 6x9's, not so sure what the specs on the regular setup is but i know others here do!

·
Registered
521 Posts
i swapped my stocks for pioneers....i had 6.5 in front and 6x9 in back but i have heard of people with the 4 speaker setup having 6x9's all around

here are some pics i took Psssdoff's Album: Speaker Swap

the fronts were simple enough....the holes in the stock bracket didn't line up, so i just centred the speaker on it and screwed it in place. the back was a little trickier....it's a little harder to get at, plus the new speakers' magnets were much larger, so they hit. i just went the lazy way and made some ¼" spacers (as opposed to a whole bracket) that sat the speakers up high enough that they wouldn't hit but still clear the cover.

p.s. pics are totally out of order....kinda random but meh.

Reactions: iNeedAngerMngmt
1 - 4 of 4 Posts