Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Hey all I just have a few questions regarding the stock nav unit. My Mag came with the nav/6disk/sat system and for now I plan on keeping it.
  • Dose any one know if we could connect an external video feed.
  • How to unlock the in motion programming restrictions?
  • How is it as the head unit for audio?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my stock nav unit to receive video. I installed a unit in the back of my magnum that gets 4 video inputs and 3 camera inputs with 7 monitors out. I mod my nav unit to receive this and the sound are going through my head unit without being modulated. I have video headrests that I can put an Xbox on one and a DVD on the other and the nav unit can receive either one or another source. It all works with a remote so I can control what is viewing. Also the remote controls the cameras. The reverse cam will come on when the car is in reverse or and I can put it on going down the road. It's really cool. I'm thinking about putting one on the front. This unit also will put the nav on the headrests and it has TV.
With my DVD player I can even play my video iPod thru my system.
It's really cool.
If you want more info... just ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
good system

the stock nav is a very good system, some aftermarket navs have problems with the magnums. if i am going to swap out my stock nav it would be with the mygig infotainment system coming out for dodge,chrysler and jeep. it plays cd,dvd movies, nav, and a 20 gig hard drive for storing tunes

·
Registered
58 Posts
420medmobile said:
the stock nav is a very good system, some aftermarket navs have problems with the magnums. if i am going to swap out my stock nav it would be with the mygig infotainment system coming out for dodge,chrysler and jeep. it plays cd,dvd movies, nav, and a 20 gig hard drive for storing tunes
Can't swap the REC for a "MyGig", different communications/wiring/canbus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a dealer for the unit that is from a small company that came up with it. I install under the sub floor in the back. The head unit has to be opened and modified. I installed the DVD player in my center console and the unit can have 4 inputs (TV, DVD, iPod, Game Console or even a computer. It also has inputs for 3 cameras and 7 monitor output.

David

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I'm a dealer for the unit that is from a small company that came up with it. I install under the sub floor in the back. The head unit has to be opened and modified. I installed the DVD player in my center console and the unit can have 4 inputs (TV, DVD, iPod, Game Console or even a computer. It also has inputs for 3 cameras and 7 monitor output.

David
If you only lived next door...LOL. OK so how do I get my hands the equipment and installation instructions.

·
Registered
211 Posts

David
u have alot going on in there, but im lovin every aspect of it!!... i know the cost has to be a bit pricey.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts